• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Phillips

rstsgsas

2much gear 2little time
A guy I work with wants me to give his reciever a good cleaning and going over and refoam woofers on his speakers.ITs a phillips 7871 reciever and 670 speakers.Anyone know these.
 
Register to hide this ad
The receiver is the same from what I can tell as the 797 that I own and really like. Differences seem to be placement of the meters and the faceplate. TOTL model for the group with advertised 60 watts/ channel rms into 8 ohms. US desigened and produced and easy to work on since it is very well laid out. If you need the offset, give a yell since I think I have the service manual for it. I'll look up the speakers tonigh when I get home but have no personal experience with them. I suspect that they could be good sounding since this was the period Philips was making some well respected drivers.
 
Very nice three-way speakers with Philips drivers. The tweeter and midrange drivers in particular are very nice. These were close to $400 a pop in the late 1970's.

The receiver should be pretty decent too.
 
Okay, the idle current adjustment for the 787 is 17.5mv +/- 2.5 mv.

Instructions: The unit must be cold i.e. turned off for at least an hour before the adjustment is made.

Speakers in off position
No signal applied.
Right channel test points are TP3 and TP4
Left channel test points are TP1 and TP2

My brochure does not list the 670 but lists a 476 (10" woofer) and 477 (12" woofer) . I'm looking closely at the speakers in the photo and in the upper right corner it looks like a 476 and the photo looks like the 476 in the brochure with the single control for the midrange. If so, the listed specs are:
Freq Response: 35-20,000
Impedance" 8 ohms
Crossovers: 1.5kz, 5.5kz
Fundemental freq response: 44 hz +/-3db
Cont handling power 60watts
Rec minimum power 20 watts
42 lbs.

This series made a splash in the late 70s along with their MFB speakers in the US audio scene. Dose the guy have a matching TT and 4504, 4506 or 4520 reeel to reel?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom