• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

Toys in the attic... uh I mean basement.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4084.jpg
    IMG_4084.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 1,664
Toys in the attic... uh I mean basement.
Nice woofers. ;) Who made the acoustic panels? I just bought some GIK's for my dedicated music room. I painted the room this weekend and will post pictures when I have it back together in a couple of days.
 
Hi, sort of new here. Don't have much for gear but it's good enough for me at the moment.
I run a small pirate AM/FM radio station as a hobby also so that's why I have the discmans and the mixer.
Marantz 1200, Realistic 5 ch. mixer with cue, DX398 AM/FM/Full SW/LW receiver, Yamaha Q2031 31band EQ for microphones (under the marantz, plasic cover in front to cover people from touching settings), Sure 58a mic, giant unknown bird...
2zojip3.jpg


One of the two speaker stands, boring KLH for mids on top, Jamo on bottom. The little amp off to the right is a homebuilt 6V6 guitar amp I made a few years back lightly based on the Fender Champ, wood chassis, distortion pedal sitting on the audio transformer :)...
2rmm7f7.jpg


Covers off, KLH Pro 11 top, Jamo Cornett 40III bottom
28wnn0k.jpg


Here's my alternative stereo but it's not in working condition currently, Marantz TA-100...
IMG_0026.jpg


Fintally, here is my setup circa 2004 for general monitoring, top is a cheapo realistic mixer and homemade compressor for mics, Tech tape deck and Scott 325R 25wpc stereo which I greatly miss..
stereo.jpg
 
Hi, sort of new here. Don't have much for gear but it's good enough for me at the moment.
I run a small pirate AM/FM radio station as a hobby also so that's why I have the discmans and the mixer.
Marantz 1200, Realistic 5 ch. mixer with cue, DX398 AM/FM/Full SW/LW receiver, Yamaha Q2031 31band EQ for microphones (under the marantz, plasic cover in front to cover people from touching settings), Sure 58a mic, giant unknown bird...
2zojip3.jpg

Run a radio station, huh?, then i'm really envious (in a good way:D), thats something i've always wanted to do, but not put alot of effort into (other things going on). Sounds like it would be alot of fun. My father had one of the last full civilan broadcast licenses way back when, but forgot about it, and it expired:sigh:, I wish it was still around, so I could try my hand at it...even a small local station (like a neighborhood) would be cool...

Nice setup too, alot of those pieces may not be top of the line, but they don't look bad, and probably sound pretty good...its not about what you have, its about enjoying it:yes:
 
Lico: I love the Maxell poster in the background. Never could find that one...

My best poster is a numbered print of a poster for the Talking Heads Speaking in Tongues album that Robert Rauschenberg did. It's very different than the rest of the art on the album.
 
This post is very interesting. I usually change my listening space about once per year because of new furiture or just to just experiment. Most of my furniture stuff is from the 50s and 60s. I make all the furniture options not the wife.
I just got the two new knock off Eames chairs and love them. I noticed Eames chairs in this thread in two other rooms also. I can rotate these chairs to look out the window into the forest with the music from my back or face directly to the speakers in the sweet spot.
The shelves are Cado units and the black leather chairs are Knoll, very heavey.
The speakers are the big SDA Polks and they are powered by Revox B series from the 80s. All the electronics are on the left side not shown. I hate to see wires and equipment in the room if possible.
 

Attachments

  • eames comp.jpg
    eames comp.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 409
  • eames comp3.jpg
    eames comp3.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 358
  • eames comp2.jpg
    eames comp2.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 483
Run a radio station, huh?, then i'm really envious (in a good way:D), thats something i've always wanted to do, but not put alot of effort into (other things going on). Sounds like it would be alot of fun. My father had one of the last full civilan broadcast licenses way back when, but forgot about it, and it expired:sigh:, I wish it was still around, so I could try my hand at it...even a small local station (like a neighborhood) would be cool...

Nice setup too, alot of those pieces may not be top of the line, but they don't look bad, and probably sound pretty good...its not about what you have, its about enjoying it:yes:

Yes, it's not exactly legal though. I run 1 watt on 96.9 FM with a 40' tower and jpole antenna, and 10 watts on 1610 AM using a 50' long wire antenna. FM only covers a few miles, AM slightly more in mono, but since I live in a tiny town it covers well and there is no FCC anywhere near us so I can get away with it if I am careful and don't broadcast often :)
I would show pics of my transmitter setup but that's outside the scope of this site and probably a little risky.
Anyways thanks for the comments and yes far from top of the line but I enjoy the sound of it all and it's a tiny room anyways which is why I couldn't get a full room picture with the digital camera.

Edit: You can broadcast on FM or AM using Part 15 power levels which is legal and doesn't require a license. Only will cover 1/4 mile at best though. You can google around for Part 15 broadcasting if interested.
 
This post is very interesting. I usually change my listening space about once per year because of new furiture or just to just experiment. Most of my furniture stuff is from the 50s and 60s. I make all the furniture options not the wife.
I just got the two new knock off Eames chairs and love them. I noticed Eames chairs in this thread in two other rooms also. I can rotate these chairs to look out the window into the forest with the music from my back or face directly to the speakers in the sweet spot.
The shelves are Cado units and the black leather chairs are Knoll, very heavey.
The speakers are the big SDA Polks and they are powered by Revox B series from the 80s. All the electronics are on the left side not shown. I hate to see wires and equipment in the room if possible.

THAT is a cool pad!!!!!!
 
That component on the floor to the right with the blue display in the center looks really familiar... could you identify it?

Thanks,

John

It's a Sangean HDT-1 tuner. Pulled out of the cabinet, so I could put my "new" Laserdisc player in. I've been looking for a Laserdisc player, and found two working ones with 100+ movies on CL for next to nothing. :thmbsp: Blue Ray? What's that LOL
 
I have some before and after shoots of my very modest 10X12 listening room.

P1090508.jpg

Every piece of furniture is from Ikea. The big wall unit and the units (2) the gear sits on are from the "Expedit" line. I modified the smaller units to accommodate the gear......it worked out nicely.

:yes:...I feel bad saying it, But I had been looking for a place for my receiver, and your solution really looked nice. I checked the price, and it was right, dimensions were right. What i'm getting at is I copied the idea (I really hope I don't offend you by that), in my room, and it looks great, and holds everything much better. When I clear some stuff out, i'm putting a expedit bookshelf in sideways for lps...I think i'll have my speakers on the bookcase, along with a lava lamp:scratch2:...
 
:yes:...I feel bad saying it, But I had been looking for a place for my receiver, and your solution really looked nice. I checked the price, and it was right, dimensions were right. What i'm getting at is I copied the idea (I really hope I don't offend you by that), in my room, and it looks great, and holds everything much better. When I clear some stuff out, i'm putting a expedit bookshelf in sideways for lps...I think i'll have my speakers on the bookcase, along with a lava lamp:scratch2:...

Hey, I'm glad you were able to find a solution that works for ya. I got the bookshelf idea for lp's here on AK myself. :thmbsp:
 
Ikea expidit

I have two of the expidits on the side , and I left out two of the shelves so that I could fit equipment in. The stability is ok because the removed shelves are higher than the LP's, and I also had a "white" backboard cut at the local
store cut and I screwed it on the back-side so that no "trapazoidal effect" would happen afterwards. I think pics are a few pages earlier. I need a third one so I can get everything in but that is another story
 
Back
Top Bottom