• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

TT Shelves?

Mr. Sparkle,

Did you make or buy those TT shelves? If you bought, what are they and how much did they cost? I need something like that.

Thanks, CR
 
The shelf the Technics is on is a standard 1U rack shelf. The one for the VPI started as a standard 3U rack with a removable metal horizontal area. The VPI was too large for it, so the metal shelf was replaced with wood boards to accommodate its size. Both shelves were attached to a wooden back to have a larger area making sure that they attach to wall studs as they are both quite heavy. They come in varying depths, but they are always 19" wide.
 
Mine is really simple, at least this one is. It is my living room area setup, but it rivals most big ones I've heard in sound quality for the space requirements.

Pioneer SX-636
KLH AV 2000 speakers (these are not well known, but I can highly recommend them.)
Pioneer DVP-NS715P CD/DVD Player (again, not as well known, but it sounds great and has excellent video output.)
Snowmen. :D

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_3GtE0MBb3LA/TTYR3Kx4frI/AAAAAAAAAWY/snSZY4luz4g/s1600/IMG_0059.JPG
 
Sparkle, that's a nice one. I, too, have studied every man-cave, living room, and attic setup in this thread, and it's been incredible to see the diversity of enthusiasts around here.

At 34, I just put together my first real system, with lots and lots of knowledge gathered from lurking among this fine community of folks. Four months ago my wife and I gave away our only TV, and that earned her sanction for me to assemble a two-channel system in the living room. A tube integrated from Craigslist kicked things off, and the rest is recent history....

The thing: dedicated 20a line > PS Audio Power Plant Premier > cheap-ass Sony universal as transport via Bluejeans coax, or laptop via USB > Grant Fidelity DAC-09 as preamp > Onix/Melody SP3 tube integrated> Grant Fidelity MBS-1 monitors and SVS SB12-NSD subs in stereo. The rack is a Boltz CS-4. Power cables are Pangea AC-9 (to PPP and to SP3) and AC-14SE (to DAC); interconnects and speaker cables are Jungson/Grant Fidelity.

IMG_0475.jpg


IMG_0486.jpg


The boys know who gets the sweet spot.
IMG_0493.jpg


What a happy, happy hobby! :thmbsp:
 
Tell me about the SVT you've got back there. :)

Oh, that's Goldilocks, a '75 V-4B. She gets more gigging time than Yaweh, the '74 SVT, or R2-D2, the '75 B-15S. My audio stuff's all new, but the bass gear is strictly old-school. Nice to meet y'all!
 
Now that I am fully moved into the new place, here are some pics of the living room system(main system) and my "sanctuary" system.

First is the living room.

PC0401672-1.jpg


In here I have the Kappa 6.1's, Ref.4's, Latino ST120, Carver TFM35 and a few other items.

The Sanctuary

PC0401582-1.jpg

PC0401602.jpg


Here I have a Thorns TD 145 with a Grado cart, JBL towers, Yama pre and the Will Vincent built ST70.

Them "little" JBL 6" 3-ways "get it done" very well in this room!!.

Happy listening!

-Vic:music:
 
Sparkle, that's a nice one. I, too, have studied every man-cave, living room, and attic setup in this thread, and it's been incredible to see the diversity of enthusiasts around here.

At 34, I just put together my first real system, with lots and lots of knowledge gathered from lurking among this fine community of folks. Four months ago my wife and I gave away our only TV, and that earned her sanction for me to assemble a two-channel system in the living room. A tube integrated from Craigslist kicked things off, and the rest is recent history....

The thing: dedicated 20a line > PS Audio Power Plant Premier > cheap-ass Sony universal as transport via Bluejeans coax, or laptop via USB > Grant Fidelity DAC-09 as preamp > Onix/Melody SP3 tube integrated> Grant Fidelity MBS-1 monitors and SVS SB12-NSD subs in stereo. The rack is a Boltz CS-4. Power cables are Pangea AC-9 (to PPP and to SP3) and AC-14SE (to DAC); interconnects and speaker cables are Jungson/Grant Fidelity.

What a happy, happy hobby! :thmbsp:

Indeed! You've shown a lot of attention to detail to your system. I bet it sounds great considering the total cash outlay. :thmbsp:
 
Indeed! You've shown a lot of attention to detail to your system. I bet it sounds great considering the total cash outlay. :thmbsp:

Thanks, Chaz. I have a buddy with a $5,000 phono cartridge :scratch2:, so I convinced myself that it would be within the realm of sanity to fix 5K as the budget for my system.

I love the sound I'm getting out of it, but would take any pointers from this fine peanut gallery, especially anything that leads me in the direction of more overall warmth.

JC, those are our sons, Barley (8) and David (1). We love 'em. And RIP Ernest -- I know how that goes.
 
Last edited:
Oh, that's Goldilocks, a '75 V-4B. She gets more gigging time than Yaweh, the '74 SVT, or R2-D2, the '75 B-15S. My audio stuff's all new, but the bass gear is strictly old-school. Nice to meet y'all!

Nice collection! :) I do enjoy the sound of an all-tube Ampeg, but found that I love what I get from an Aguilar DB750 just a bit more (and it's a little easier to haul). To each, their own.
 
Back
Top Bottom