• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

DCM Room

Recently moved things around and decided to put my main DCM speakers in my secondary set-up. This is a pair of TF-600's and TimeWindow 1's hooked up to my Sony ES system. I added an Onkyo sub just to help on the low end a little bit.
 

Attachments

  • DCM 1.jpg
    DCM 1.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 238
Oh! A pair of BA A400s in the background. Mmmmm...

Haha...A200s actually (little thinner than the 400 monsters!). I've had them for a while now. The woofers were professionally replaced with new non-originals (can't get them any more apparently) and although the mid cones were pushed in by "exploring fingers" ( :no: ), they still sounded pretty great last time I had them hooked up. I've actually been wanting to sell them for a long time, as they don't really fit into my long-term speaker plan, but my wife refuses to let me do it - she loves the flat-against-the-wall look, especially for space-saving purposes! Anyways, they've been in storage for about 2 years now and if this keeps up it'll probably be a looooong time before they ever make it out. :thumbsdn:

I certainly think the 22s are a better speaker (as they should be), but the A200s are definitely a great buy considering their market value - probably what, $200 max? The unique design is also definitely an under-the-radar option for people who want a large sound in condo-sized floor spaces in the city - surprisingly perfect!
 
Most excellent Black Keys album!

Most excellent eyesight!:thmbsp:, that's the double single from "Brothers"...in the ikea rack, I also have "Magic potion" and "Attack and release" on LP from nonesuch(highly recommended). Gotta dig old guitars and new blues:yes:

Planning on some movement of some stuff, mostly posters. The local resale shop has a Sepultura poster i'd love to hang up, and I have three more record frames, enough to put some more schlock on the wall (i'm lookin' at "6 fat dutchman polkas":D)... I hate moving stuff around, but it's normally for the best.
 
Hello Folks,

I'm a big fan of this thread and have gleaned some ideas I'm going to implement into my new spaces. I have not gotten far this winter, as we moved into the new place in October, but I have my own room, plus a study I'll be working with.

In building the place both rooms have multiple 20A homeruns and technically the closets in both are going to house gear in custom built-ins like our old place. I'll have greater liberty my room as I'll have custom wood built-ins and a work bench wrapping it.

I can't wait for spring to get cracking on them. I've had just the current AV gear and Fisher Console to listen to. In the meantime, most of my gear sits idle on racks and in the closets. :no::no:

AudioRoom-January2011-01.jpg


AudioRoom-January2011-02.jpg


Regards,
Mike
 
Finally after moving this room around for over a year and half I think I have it right.
Have the stereo behind me and speakers in front. The Magnepans will be up front with I restore them this spring. My coffee table is an old Toy box my daughter painted we added a glass door from an old entertainment center and fill the inside with things. Right now it is full of old 45's that were given to me.
Behind the green curtain is my art studio so the omni directional Hegeman Labs speaker sound great from front or back...above the speaker is my screen. And above the couch is the projector.
Also added a few new friends to help listen.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 043.jpg
    Picture 043.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 538
  • Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 407
  • Picture 042.jpg
    Picture 042.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 363
  • Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 392
  • Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Do to space limitations in my 2 bedroom apartment, my listening space is one of the 2 bedrooms. Doubling as my office.
Hopefully, a move in the near future will rectify this. But I utilize what I have to the fullest.

a3fuig.jpg

Bravo on the excellent artwork:thmbsp:
 
Hello Folks,
AudioRoom-January2011-01.jpg

Regards,
Mike

Wow, that's some cool looking stuff, really nice pieces:thmbsp:. Do you mind if I ask what the small-sih black based plexi-cover thing is on the third shelf in the middle?. Almost resembles the old mechanical clocks with the ball-bearing movements:scratch2:

Finally after moving this room around for over a year and half I think I have it right.
Have the stereo behind me and speakers in front. The Magnepans will be up front with I restore them this spring. My coffee table is an old Toy box my daughter painted we added a glass door from an old entertainment center and fill the inside with things. Right now it is full of old 45's that were given to me.
Behind the green curtain is my art studio so the omni directional Hegeman Labs speaker sound great from front or back...above the speaker is my screen. And above the couch is the projector.
Also added a few new friends to help listen.

Heh he he, gotta love Waldorf and statler (D'oh ho ho). Some good looking models as well:yes:...all around a comfy looking room, I wouldn't mind having a space like that, though, of course, mine would have more junk on the walls:D

Oh, and perfectionist gene kicking in, that framing pink floyd is crooked, I mean, imagine how much better your system would sound if only that critical element were aligned!:D
 
CR1000 / PL707 / DA310cx / 3bx

The latest rotation in the bedroom system; this has an interesting horizontal slider motif:

Yamaha CR-1000 (recently recapped, etc)
Kyocera DA-310cx CDP (with Burr Brown op amps)
Pioneer PL-707 TT w/ NOS Shure M91ED
dbx 3bx - factory prototype w/individual band controls / recapped
Running with Polk Monitor 10a speakers (recapped this past weekend)




attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • CR1000sysA.jpg
    CR1000sysA.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 2,173
Last edited:
IMG_0190.jpg


IMG_0193.jpg


IMG_0247.jpg


IMG_0248.jpg


Grado Statement Cart>SME 3009 arm>SOTA Star>Pass Labs Aleph Ono>Audio Research SP17L>Threshold Stasis 2>Vandersteen 3A Signatures
 
IMG_0248.jpg


Grado Statement Cart>SME 3009 arm>SOTA Star>Pass Labs Aleph Ono>Audio Research SP17L>Threshold Stasis 2>Vandersteen 3A Signatures

Nice, how do you like the 3A's? And do you find running them unsocked changes the sound? I was considering desocking my 2Ci's and veneering them.
 
IMG_0190.jpg



Grado Statement Cart>SME 3009 arm>SOTA Star>Pass Labs Aleph Ono>Audio Research SP17L>Threshold Stasis 2>Vandersteen 3A Signatures

Maybe it's just the way the picture is, but you tone arm looks very misaligned. The head shell looks off to the outside and the rear of the arm looks to be way too low.

Maybe take a look at it to make sure.
 
This is the latest configuration of my main system and home theater, including my new record cleaning machine on the left.

CSP_5035_audio system_resized.jpg
 
Last edited:
I have that same tape deck, in fact, I have been making some tapes with it today. I really like it, how about you?

I love the Yamaha Natural Sound KX-500U. I generally use it for playing my old band's master tapes (and creating FLAC files to keep them stored on an external drive and/or burn to CD). Also listen to things that aren't available on CD and that I don't have on vinyl.
 
Maybe it's just the way the picture is, but you tone arm looks very misaligned. The head shell looks off to the outside and the rear of the arm looks to be way too low.

Maybe take a look at it to make sure.

Agreed- there may be some kind of additional mat under the LP that's raising the overall height of the playing surface.

je
 
I will check into alignment but the arm is in the up position it is not making contact with the playing surface. Also the vacuum was not on for the pic so it clamps the record down making the playing surface lower than it looks by about 1/8".

As for the sound without the socks Richard says that they do all their testing with the socks on but I think they sound better with them off. That and they were used and in cream color and looked like 5 foot tall band-aids...

taam
 
I will check into alignment but the arm is in the up position it is not making contact with the playing surface. Also the vacuum was not on for the pic so it clamps the record down making the playing surface lower than it looks by about 1/8".


taam

Definitely looks off and by more than 1/8". That arm should be well above the record plane. And it looks like cartridge is tilted dramatically front to back - ass end down.

Probably enhances bass but geometry looks way off. Looks like the arm mounting needs to be raised substantially. And should reward you with much better performance.
 
Back
Top Bottom