• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

Ok....since I just rearranged my system....

VAC140NL.JPG
 
It's about time I post some pics of my listening area. Seems like if I wait until I'm satisfied the area is done I'll never post any.

The first picture shows the cabinet and equipment. The cabinet was a thrift store find, I refinished it and added the glass doors and casters. The drawer at the bottom of the left side is designed for cassettes. In the cabinet is Pioneer SA-9100 amp, TX-9100 tuner, CT-F1250 cassette, H-R99 8 track player and a P-D70 CD player.

On the cabinet is my Oracle TT along with my intro to tubes, a Sherwood S-5500 II amp and S-3000 V tuner. The Sherwood's are going to be moved to become our bedroom system later this weekend. Ohm Walsh 2 speakers.

Surrounding the cabinet is record and CD storage and the Teac A-4010 GSL R2R. I use the shelving to display our audio related collectibles. The space where the records are stored originally had a desk top and drawer which I removed and built in the record shelves.

On the other side of the window is more storage and the VPI record cleaning machine. A lucky find at an estate sale, not cheap but a super good deal.

The final picture is the record display I made above the cabinet. It allows for easy exchange of the LP's to rotate the display. Currently filled with Iron Maiden in recognition of Halloween. I change it every 2 or 3 months. Last up was Blues and next will likely be Christmas LP's.
Terry
Very nice. I remember when you bought the Capital Records display and it looks great in your room. :thmbsp:
 
Dam fellas....I am constantly amazed to see the amazing set -ups that y'all post on this thread. Count me very impressed yet again.
 
diyrackgear003.jpg


QUOTE]

Nice looking setup. Those big bass boxes looking pretty nice for your econowaves. I may have to look into doing something like this with my Barzilay cabinets instead of using the 811b's I have.

Are those Ikea shelves you are using for your record collection?

Denny
 
I'm fairly satisfied for now, just need a bigger room.


System.jpg

SDC10793.jpg


JRA
 

Attachments

  • SDC10757.jpg
    SDC10757.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 518
  • SDC10766.jpg
    SDC10766.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 459
  • SDC10772.jpg
    SDC10772.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 424
The first is my old space, in my cubicle where I used to work. All homemade. Later, I upgraded to an RCA Console, to which I added a tuner. It is currently on loan to the Johns Hopkins University as a prop for a play. The last two photos is where I listen now - out in the shed. I have since added a 60s vintage Fisher stereo, and an air conditioner.
 

Attachments

  • SilvertoneRedux-005.jpg
    SilvertoneRedux-005.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 372
  • RCA-PM18-01-Small.jpg
    RCA-PM18-01-Small.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 281
  • RCA-PM18-04-Small.jpg
    RCA-PM18-04-Small.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 269
  • Shed---Exterior-01-Small.jpg
    Shed---Exterior-01-Small.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 414
  • Shed---Interior-03-Small.jpg
    Shed---Interior-03-Small.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 474
The first is my old space, in my cubicle where I used to work. All homemade. Later, I upgraded to an RCA Console, to which I added a tuner. It is currently on loan to the Johns Hopkins University as a prop for a play. The last two photos is where I listen now - out in the shed. I have since added a 60s vintage Fisher stereo, and an air conditioner.

:thmbsp:

Sweeeeeet!
 
Back
Top Bottom