• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pics of your listening space

My getaway.

Pumpkinpatch08030.jpg



Cool! What year is your bug? My brother has a 57.
 
Its not much compared to allot here (BTW Im Jealous) But I think they sound pretty good. I just can never figure out which room to listen in. The two rooms sound totally different, so I sort of bounce back and forth between the two.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 439
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 417
Here is my crappy space. I need more room! I am also waiting on the return of my Citation I to replace the pilot as my pre.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • system.jpg
    system.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 2,615
Its not much compared to allot here (BTW Im Jealous) But I think they sound pretty good. I just can never figure out which room to listen in. The two rooms sound totally different, so I sort of bounce back and forth between the two.

VERY COOL.. you got the same speakers I do... The Altec's, only yours are older, and the JBL's even with the same legs. Those have the D130's or the D123 in them? Great looking!
 
so it's a split window, and is that the block back there on the stand? what's your plan for the motor?

Actually, it's an early oval. The oval window was introduced half way through '53, mine is a January '54.
I'm a vintage speed freak. The motor when done will look like this:

Okrasaog.jpg


My car before I tore it apart:

283827.jpg


Sorry for the highjack, but my garage is my listening room............or my listening room has a car in it.:scratch2:
 
i was a beetle pilot from 1965 until 1981, when my wife and i were finally 'wealthy' enough to break out of $600 car ghetto. i was never a wrench enough to hot rod them, but i've got a deep, wide soft spot for the little buggers.

example, i hauled myself and my worldly's to pittsburgh from dallas texas in the late 70s to go to grad school, and made 4 trips back and forth btw those two cities while finishing my graduate degree. all at the controls of the same yellow bug, never making it much past 60 mph. the last trip home with several years of stuff was hairy!!
 
My dad had a mid 60's Super Beetle when I was growing up. Nothing like dropping the engine in your drive way. I don't miss the cold winters though. Those damn radiator pipes always rust out.
 
VERY COOL.. you got the same speakers I do... The Altec's, only yours are older, and the JBL's even with the same legs. Those have the D130's or the D123 in them? Great looking!
Thanks, they have D131s and 075s in them, I love them, Just got them a couple months ago and will never part with them. I have them hooked up to the clairtone console in the photo and they are sweet, They are OK with the sansui in the pic also but they seem to match up better with the tube clairtone.
 
WOW, Thorens, Marantz, and Altec. That is one fine system.

I was just listening to that system yesterday, and hell yeah is it nice. I gotta admit, when I first saw his Thorens, I thought it was kind of old fashioned, but after listening to it, i realize why they command such pricey prices.. damn fine tables for sure...

You should have seen those Altec's when he got them.. UNREAL the transformation he gave them.. damn fine sounding!
 
Back
Top Bottom