• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pioneer PL 530 vs. PL 55DX

NewKidInTown

Active Member
I currently own the PL 55DX and might have a chance to get the PL 530. I like the looks of the 530, but is it a noticeably better performer, or am I just enamored by it's good looks?

Anyone have an opinion or advice?
 
Register to hide this ad
You could go to the library at Vinyl-Engine and compare the spec for both turntable.
If you were to inspect the Pl-530 check out the following;

1. Make sure the lateral weight is still there( not absolutely required ).
2. Make sure the auto return is fully functional.
3. Make sure the all four feet are not rotten ( replaceable ).
4. Make sure the speed for are accurate, strobe is working.
5. Make sure you get a headshell and a working cartridge ( replaceable ).
6. Make sure all cable and plugs are functional.

I bought a dysfunctional, parts PL-530 and partially restored it so far.
It sings very nicely with a Nagaoka MP110 cartridge!!!:thmbsp::banana:
 
The PL-530 is a later model which has automation and better specs. I doubt the sound quality will be that much different. Be aware that some of the good looks of the PL-530 are the result of wood-colored contact paper.
 
Thanks everyone for the input. I'm trying to stay level headed. I already have 3 TT in the house and am really only using 1 at the moment and frankly I would continue to use my 55 DLX even if I bought this table. I just remember reading about how people loved this series. I appreciate the vinyl engine info...I will check that out.
 
Back
Top Bottom