• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

PL 530 Tonearm return problem

I've been watching this thread for awhile now..... This morning I get a feeling like I want to do it.

10 minutes!

Most of the time is spent unscrewing the base.


I always thought oh hell, it was close enough to the rest.

now it goes HOME!

Thanks for the instructions fellas!!!
 
I've been watching this thread for awhile now..... This morning I get a feeling like I want to do it.

10 minutes!

Most of the time is spent unscrewing the base.


I always thought oh hell, it was close enough to the rest.

now it goes HOME!

Thanks for the instructions fellas!!!

Does this mean I can still come over and check out all your cool stuff now that your tt is fixed? :D
 
I still have the 570 for you to look at! That's having issues with the automation not working. Manually, it functions!

You are always invited over DANNYDOG
 
Can anyone suggest a polish for the outer chrome rim of the platter? Mine is a little tarnished/oxidized. A shiny polished look would help convince me to keep this beautiful table.

Thanks - Rob

Remove the platter for polishing, if at all possible, so you don't risk getting tiny pits into the motor mechanism. Start with relatively fine grades of sandpaper working up to the finest you have, and/or 0000 steel wool, to remove the worst of the oxidation. Follow up with a good metal polish like AutoSol, and buff with cotton cloth. If you wish, finish with a protective layer of automotive wax. It isn't hard to get a platter to gleam, if you follow these basic steps. It just takes a little time and 'elbow grease'.
 
Thanks Arkay!! I was thanking you in my head earlier today - using your "The Idiot's Guide to Using Deoxit (revisited)" on an old integrated amp. It definitely works better now.

Rob
 
Back
Top Bottom