• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Post a picture of your turntable

Cable Monkey, they did a beautiful job on the veneer. Looks great with the TT. What is the tonearm board made of?
 
A new shot of my Clearaudio Champion II.

Clearaudio.jpg
 
cant hope to keep up, but here ya go:

B&O 3300 with MMC5 cart, cork dots on the platter. didnt like the thought of the record sitting on an aluminum slab. oh yeah, i stuck vinyl soundproofing matting to the underside of the platter.

Dual 1245 with Micro Acoustics MA282e cart. the wife managed to destroy the stylus one day, so i bought the B&O, since i always wanted one. the Dual has a home-made base (granite paint over MDF) and a home-made dust cover (aluminum sides and plexiglas front and top). owned this rig since new ('78?)
 

Attachments

  • img248 cropped and resized.jpg
    img248 cropped and resized.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 917
  • PICT0048-512x384.JPG
    PICT0048-512x384.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 1,032
New toy is up & running (yeah, it needs dusting...) Kyocera PL-701 w/ Shure M94 cart. Sounds almost as good as my Rega P1. Still dialing in everything, but I'm very impressed with it so far.
 
Last edited:
This is my Technics SP-25 with Grace 707 Mk. II that I built in the early '80s. It has a solid teak base supported by Audio Technica vibration dampers/levelers. It currently has a lower end Grado. I have really enjoyed this turntable, even with the warped anti-static mat. One of these days I will clean it up a bit. Right now it just spins vinyl with no complaints.
 
Last edited:
Yamaha's P-750 with a Shure V15 type V and a YP-701 with a Pickering XV-15/625E, Purchased 750 new in 1980. The 701 was is a "hand-me-down" from my father.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00291.JPG
    DSC00291.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 923
  • DSC00289.JPG
    DSC00289.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 988
Cable Monkey, they did a beautiful job on the veneer. Looks great with the TT. What is the tonearm board made of?

Hi, that particular one is solid mahogany. Eric (http://www.soundofthewood.com/) can supply a number of different hard woods for various AR's. It is correct for the specified arm (Rega) even to the extent that VTA is taken care of to within the 5mm my mats occupy. The only thing I did was drill the three mounting holes because I planned to go with a reworked RB250 OR RB300 but an RB900 came up for not a lot more than I would have paid to acquire and modify one of the above.
 
Glad to see you're satisfied with your turntable setup now. So I take it you found the "sweet spot" with the BPS?

I think I have! I really like the cartridge. It's all about great albums now. If it's a crap mix it's not really worth listening to.

Next will be the Blue Point Special Evo III. Or the Blackbird.

How do you like the arm on there?
 
My 'new' Technics SL1200 Mk2 with Shure M97. A little blurry, guess I had one too many.

And a sweet spot.

Rick
 

Attachments

  • SL1200 Mk2 GW (Small).JPG
    SL1200 Mk2 GW (Small).JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 978
  • A place to relax (Small).JPG
    A place to relax (Small).JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 913
well,here's my little corner of the analog world;
200BAX.jpg

a 35 year old BSR 200BAX that is the sole remaining compnenent i still have of my very first hi-fi system that i inherited from my biological father (who has since dissasociated himself from his family) seven years ago. i just finished relubricating it for the first time in 30-odd years, and now it gets up and goes like new! not a world beater, but gets the job done, a fine sounding table. also got there an older zerostat that i got for $5 at "audio service specialties" in portland,oregon. i intend eventually to replace that table with this;
PL-90.jpg

the PIONEER PL-90. i may not be an vinyl addict, but i still want a classic turntable in the system. also, here's a pic of the PL-7L, the japanese market version of the PL-90;
PL-7L.jpg
 
My "original" Technics 1200. Got it for free in 1992 from a friends neighbor, saved from the trash. It's the only component that was left behind in the 2004 burglary of my house. Cartridge is pretty new, a KAB custom Stanton V.3AE from a fellow AK member. I added the led's on the dustcover a couple of months ago. Now I just need to stay awake when listening at night.:boring::music::boring:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2868.JPG
    IMG_2868.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 906
  • IMG_2878.JPG
    IMG_2878.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 927
  • IMG_2880.JPG
    IMG_2880.JPG
    22.2 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom