• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Post your Minimus 7 killers here!

Onkyo D-NX5
I suspect they were made by Mission. Wood housing. Fabric cone on main driver.
Great nearfielders with surprising performance and clarity.
I would like to hear the D-N3XA 's.

Specs
Type: 2 way, 2 driver loudspeaker system
Frequency Response: 50Hz to 40kHz
Power Handling: 70W
Sensitivity: 87dB
Bass: 1 x 120mm cone
Tweeter: 1 x 20mm balanced dome
Enclosure: 6.1 litre, bass reflex
Dimensions: 147 x 253 x 249mm
Weight: 2.7kg
 
Last edited:
For some small speaker omnidirectional bliss, behold the ultra rare "Hughes Orb 1"
164253_8461618.JPG
 
I'll add three more, though the AR's are a bit taller (it's a triangle shape), and the ADS are a bit bigger overall. For one that's really close to a M7, here's one of my original Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble satellites from '89. This after refoaming the woofer and refinishing the cabinet:
Completed.JPG

AR Fun Partners (they're really called that!) were also sold by Advent. The cabinet is a triangle, but the drivers are small (4" and 1'). These are from Goodwill, and the grills were pretty nasty; they've since been cleaned up. These are in my office system that I rarely use these day, since I'm still home-based 95% of the time.
Grills.JPG Side-Back.jpeg

When I was at the office daily, I used these ADS L300c's along with a RBH dual 8" subwoofer. These are a good bit bigger than the M7's but are worlds better. I'd like to try a pair of L200's eventually. So far, these are probably my favorite small speaker and are excellent for a desk or small office. (One pic is a generic from the web.)
L300c - Generic.jpg L300C.JPG
 
The first set of speakers I ever bought were Min7’s. Had them mounted in the back of my ‘77 Monte Carlo with the additional brackets. Still have them to this day.

But, in ‘88, I bought a set of Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble. Great sat/woofer combo as Bostown states. I just recently refurbished them and am very excited to have them playing again.

BC78DABA-F194-4AF3-A863-E61953B2D790.jpeg
 
For the Canton Micro speakers -- is there one particular model that sounds best?

I know they have the S plus and also the X plus and maybe others. I'm thinking of putting some Cantons in my kitchen -- but they need to be as small as possible and, needless to say, I want the model that sounds best.
 
For the Canton Micro speakers -- is there one particular model that sounds best?

I know they have the S plus and also the X plus and maybe others. I'm thinking of putting some Cantons in my kitchen -- but they need to be as small as possible and, needless to say, I want the model that sounds best.
Im not sure if Canton knows how to make a bad speaker, Same goes for ADS..

Im not 100% sure on the X plus model but these Plus S's sound great, The walnuts are hard to come by but you can find in Black & White all over ebay.. They really do sound good and im sure you will be happy, Also check out ADS L200's
 
Im not sure if Canton knows how to make a bad speaker, Same goes for ADS..

Im not 100% sure on the X plus model but these Plus S's sound great, The walnuts are hard to come by but you can find in Black & White all over ebay.. They really do sound good and im sure you will be happy, Also check out ADS L200's

I think @Sgt Shultz is the Canton expert, hopefully he will chime in. The wood looks amazing, but I’d actually be looking for white for the kitchen.
 
I think @Sgt Shultz is the Canton expert, hopefully he will chime in. The wood looks amazing, but I’d actually be looking for white for the kitchen.

Im not looking for my kitchen that was @peterp1 , I agree white would look better in the kitchen. Im pairing my wood cantons with a 25wpc receiver + dac for near field computer listening.
 
Im not looking for my kitchen that was @peterp1 , I agree white would look better in the kitchen. Im pairing my wood cantons with a 25wpc receiver + dac for near field computer listening.

Sorry, I meant that I am looking for white cantons for the kitchen, just want to get the smallest and best sounding model.
 
Sorry, I meant that I am looking for white cantons for the kitchen, just want to get the smallest and best sounding model.
I need to start paying attention to my replys lol... Sorry totally read your update wrong.. I follow now! The Canton Plus S & ADS L200 are prob the best small speakers you can get in white that are available used.. You cant go wrong with them. They are levels above the Minimus 7 we all love. the L200s even came with cool brackets for mounting.. Another really neat speaker is the Visonik David 502 but I dont know if they came in white.
 
I need to start paying attention to my replys lol... Sorry totally read your update wrong.. I follow now! The Canton Plus S & ADS L200 are prob the best small speakers you can get in white that are available used.. You cant go wrong with them. They are levels above the Minimus 7 we all love. the L200s even came with cool brackets for mounting.. Another really neat speaker is the Visonik David 502 but I dont know if they came in white.

I'll keep a look out of white Canton Plus S or ADS L200. I think I created some confusion saying "I'd actually be looking" instead of "I am looking for ..." -- easy to see how "I'd" could be interpreted as suggesting white for you.
 
I'll keep a look out of white Canton Plus S or ADS L200. I think I created some confusion saying "I'd actually be looking" instead of "I am looking for ..." -- easy to see how "I'd" could be interpreted as suggesting white for you.
All good.. Def let us know what you buy if and when you do...
 
Back
Top Bottom