• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pro sports

When anyone starts being political, they lose half their supporters/fans. So how does any of this help? Now the NFL is losing sponsors. Soon the NFL players may need part time jobs to make ends meet.
 
Actually the teams are starting to wake up and are walking this back with a lot of face-saving lofty spin about "unity". Yeah. Right. You messed up. Too cute by a half.
 
Does anybody other than me, really give a rats ass about pro sports? Call me old fashioned but between disrespect for this country and flag, the totally outrageous salaries, the cost of tickets to watch the game and the worship of these players (from just about any sport), have people forgotten what is really important in life? And by the way, college sports isn't that far behind.

I do not watch sports, bunch of overpaid primadonnas. They should not use the national anthem as the venue to show dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs.They could simply Tweet about it , seems real popular nowadays!
 
Does anybody other than me, really give a rats ass about pro sports? Call me old fashioned but between disrespect for this country and flag, the totally outrageous salaries, the cost of tickets to watch the game and the worship of these players (from just about any sport), have people forgotten what is really important in life? And by the way, college sports isn't that far behind.

What is really important in life?
 
I agree with the OP. Over paid and, if I was the owner of one of these teams I'd fire the lot of these over paid under educated and unappreciative bums...

And try to replace them with inferior players, and try to foist an inferior product on the buying public, and watch their teams go down in value. Great idea.

And if somebody is willing to pay you what you are asking, then you are not overpaid.
 
I watch a good amount of English Premier League Association Football ("soccer" is a corruption of "Association") on TV, and don't miss American professional sports much at all. Nothing in the states that has the drama of promotion and relegation of teams, or of watching "my" team Leicester City win the Premier League (no playoffs) after being 5000 to 1 longshots in the sports books at the start of the season, seven years after they were relegated down to the third tier league.

Never really thought about it before, but I don't recall "God Save the Queen" in any EPL match run-ups. The players in the EPL are a rather international lot, though.

Yup. Real European Futbol is pure and unsullied. So what crass corporate logo is plastered on Leicester's shirts this season?
 
Is there a law the national anthem is required before sporting events?
I'd rather them play America the Beautiful or This land Is Your Land.

Or Steve Miller's Living in the USA. Somebody give me a cheeseburger.

I'm kinda tired of the militarization of football in the past decade or so.
 
Millionaires protesting social injustice . Good Grief . Their job is football . Get on with it .

Once you've made loads of cash, how could you possibly know anything about social injustice?

And why would any millionaire ever want to point out injustice inflicted on mere non-millionaires?

Two very astute points.
 
Last edited:
Funny how many people value our freedoms until they're practiced.

A solution to this thing is to do away with the anthem before games and also do away with the militaristic displays---these things are political by their nature and so invite a political response. They have nothing to do with Show Business; they don't play the anthem at the movie show.

Right on. Or concerts. Or Easter egg hunts. Or church services.
 
I think it would have gone a long way with the public had NFL players and their community leaders would have "taken a knee" about black on black crime years ago instead of this ham-fisted knee jerk display.

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. "NFL players and their community leaders." I think we know what "community" he's referring to, and it's not White Bear, Minnesota.
 
. . . What other planet can these people, many felons, go on to make millions of dollars per year to play a sport? . . .

This is a trick question, right? I mean, what other planet can even support human life? MarZutra? Are you from another planet?

America is the greatest nation on the planet, but sadly, now one of the most corrupt countries which all relates back to the decades prior to McCarthy. . . .

Jenny McCarthy? Actually, we had none of these problems until 1969, when they brought those moon rocks back.

If people truly feel that bad about something like the 'discrimination' or 'injustices', they can practice their freedoms to leave.... I'm sure they won't be discriminated against or experience any injustices whatsoever in Somalia, Arabia or China...

You'll get mistreated better here than in any other country.
 
I find it much more disrespectful when I go to sporting events and see people on their phones or talking,with their caps still on while the national anthem plays.
 
I find it much more disrespectful when I go to sporting events and see people on their phones or talking,with their caps still on while the national anthem plays.

On Saturday, I'll be in a stadium with 106,000 people, and nobody will complain if they forget to play the SSB.
 
NFL stadiums have received an estimated $6.7 billion from taxpayers
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 28, 2017, 9:23 AM EDT
658464862.jpg



With Nevada kicking in $750 million to build the Raiders a new stadium, NFL teams have now received nearly $7 billion in tax money to build stadiums over the last two decades.


According to an analysis from ESPN, the total price tag to taxpayers for building new stadiums and renovating old ones has been $6.7 billion since 1997. That includes 19 new stadiums and three major renovation projects.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ived-an-estimated-6-7-billion-from-taxpayers/


And there we part on agreement.


Propaganda is very powerful, todays media is nothing more.

We see things different most the time Steve but your a good man, I do know that.

I'll leave it at that:(

How about if football players complain about spending too much on new audio gear?That might get you into the discussion.
 
Back
Top Bottom