• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ProAc Owners Thread

To answer slowpat's question, I cannot really tell you anything about the difference in the sound signature between the two versions of the tweeters. It was very soon after I got the speakers home that I noticed that one of the tweeters was dead. That is when I ordered the Scan-Speak ones and installed both the new ones. So I have nothing to compare the new setup with.
Harry

as long as you’re happy with them! Might be a good thing as you won’t miss what you didn’t hear in the first place.
 
Hello all,

I have a pair of ProAc response 3.8s I am missing a mid bass and woofer driver. Any of you good folks have and ideas how I can get these replacement drivers would be greatly appreciated!
175707240_10158405659753138_4026346305024564169_n.jpg
 
Hello all,

I have a pair of ProAc response 3.8s I am missing a mid bass and woofer driver. Any of you good folks have and ideas how I can get these replacement drivers would be greatly appreciated!
175707240_10158405659753138_4026346305024564169_n.jpg

In the USA you can contact The Sound Organisation, they can probably ship you the parts direct if you ask nice. I know the Canadian distributor did so for me.

Pretty sure those Response 3.8 woofers are custom 14 ohm scanspeak drivers and not available anywhere else. Not cheap either. Hope you get them up and running, very nice speakers !


The Sound Organisation
1009 Oakmead Drive
Arlington, TX 76011
United States of AmericaCall us at (972) 234-0182
 
Very cool ! Congrads. A friend had Crites modified Forte II's.. and a pr of Studio 250's. Proac Studios were far better speakers. Recommend a good tube amp for any Proacs. Stereo 70, 8b, Quicksilver Monos, MC240.... all sound excellant on early Proacs. Only tube amp that didn't match various Proacs for me was a H-K Citation II. Good luck in your Quest.20200619_164523.jpg
 
Excellent advice! I'll be on the hunt for a quality tube amp. I lucked into two SS receivers a while back. A Pioneer SX-535 (20 wpc) and a Nikko NR-715 (38 wpc).Was planning to clean them up and get them into service. I suspect the overall quality of my system will be limited by my receiver for the time being.
 
Thank you very much! They are shipping them too me! Very good folks there!



In the USA you can contact The Sound Organisation, they can probably ship you the parts direct if you ask nice. I know the Canadian distributor did so for me.

Pretty sure those Response 3.8 woofers are custom 14 ohm scanspeak drivers and not available anywhere else. Not cheap either. Hope you get them up and running, very nice speakers !


The Sound Organisation
1009 Oakmead Drive
Arlington, TX 76011
United States of AmericaCall us at (972) 234-0182
Thanks you very much! They are going to ship them to m
In the USA you can contact The Sound Organisation, they can probably ship you the parts direct if you ask nice. I know the Canadian distributor did so for me.

Pretty sure those Response 3.8 woofers are custom 14 ohm scanspeak drivers and not available anywhere else. Not cheap either. Hope you get them up and running, very nice speakers !


The Sound Organisation
1009 Oakmead Drive
Arlington, TX 76011
United States of AmericaCall us at (972) 234-0182
 
I just received a pair of response 3's, and have yet to hook them up. I have an old nad amp but I'd like to get something better to drive them. Without breaking the bank. Anyone have any tips or suggestions? I'm all ears... upload_2021-6-13_7-38-18.gif
 
Find a Plinius Integrated amplifier, newer or older model, and have it updated at pliniusrepairs.com by Ralph Abramo near Riverside, CA
(He did the Ultimate upgrade on my (1999) Plinius SA100mk3. Terrific results!). A less expensive Integrated can be found. Alejandro
 
I just received a pair of response 3's, and have yet to hook them up. I have an old nad amp but I'd like to get something better to drive them. Without breaking the bank. Anyone have any tips or suggestions? I'm all ears... View attachment 2257147

Congrats on the ProAc's Hard to recommend something without know how big your bank is but a Musical Fidelity A300 would probably work quite well.
 
Hey guys. I’ve discovered that all 4 drivers have ripped/deteriorated foam surrounds. Speakers still sound great at lower volume, but they “rattle” at high volume. And I can’t help but to think that all that air blowing past the rips is taking away from the sound. I’ve done foam replacement kits in the past with great results, but these are the highest quality speakers I’ve ever had and am looking for a little direction. Thanks in advance
 
Find a Plinius Integrated amplifier, newer or older model, and have it updated at pliniusrepairs.com by Ralph Abramo near Riverside, CA
(He did the Ultimate upgrade on my (1999) Plinius SA100mk3. Terrific results!). A less expensive Integrated can be found. Alejandro

Thank you, gents. My budget won't afford a $2000 plinius. But I'll check out the musical fidelity

Plinius is good stuff. Heartily recommended and worth the ask.
Second (or third) all that …. Had an 8200MkII, stupidly sold it, and rebought one a couple years ago. Has some tube-like virtues, but retains the SS benefits. OP, you can probably snag one of these for around 1000 give or take.
This one is going nowhere, except to Ralph to be redone and upgraded so virtually brand new.

Oh, and to stay on brand, I had a pair of Studio 150’s for several years, great speakers …never should have sold those. Almost bought a pair of Studio 200’s which are very hard to find. These woulda/coulda/shoulda’s can haunt you …
 
Back
Top Bottom