• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

PSB image t6

ironsurvivor

New Member
I just got my sansui g9000db restored a couple months ago and want to use my tax return on a new set of speakers for it. I can get the psb image t6 for 1300 for the pair. That is my budget. How do you guys think this pairing would be?
 
Register to hide this ad
I have never heard the t6 speakers but I am sure they sound good . $1300 is a lot to put out for a pair of speakers, and keep in mind they are not made in canada anymore they are made in china . I picked up a pair of energy c 8,s for $200 and I currently have them bi wired running a denon POA 2200 and I am very happy with the results . If you look around you could probably find something cheaper and still obtain the same result,s .
 
The T6 is the sweet spot of the PSB lineup below the top-end Synchony models. You will enjoy them.....if possible, listen to them first, but a good choice, IMHO.

Oh, and $1300 for a set of speakers of this quality is not 'a lot', by any means. In fact, that is toward the lower quartile of new speakers.
 
I was debating between the psb image t6 and the kef q900. Unfortunately I am not able to audition either. I've heard very good things about both speakers. I can buy the q900 from accessories4less but it says they're open box and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Anybody have any experience ordering from them?
 
I just got my sansui g9000db restored a couple months ago and want to use my tax return on a new set of speakers for it. I can get the psb image t6 for 1300 for the pair. That is my budget. How do you guys think this pairing would be?

I've auditioned the Image T6, which is a newer version of the T65. I have owned the Image T45, which I sold, and own Image B25. PSB are great speakers that offer a lot of performance for your money. I would compare the T6 to Monitor Audio RX6, two different animals that go head to head very well.

I auditioned Image T55 and T65 prior to deciding on the T45. The smaller woofers on the T45 fit my room better, the T65 had too much bass in my room, and the T55 sounded a little muddy in my room.

PSB Image series is the third tier from top to bottom, and the second tier from bottom to top. From top to bottom, PSB's lineup is the Synchrony, the Imagine, the Image, and the Alpha. Lots of people confuse the Imagine with the Image, because of the similar name. The Image series has great imaging they totally dissapear. They are very dynamic, mids are their forté, very detailed and clear, crisp, and they pair well with laid back/warm to neutral amps/receivers (Marantz, Denon, Vintage SS, tube), if you have a bright sounding amp they will be slightly forward and the highs will be clear, detailed, but maybe brighter than what you would like. That is my opinion, as I like warm sounding equipment with lots of details in the mids. The T6 is very detailed, so no problem there for me. Bass is plenty, and being 91dB they are easy on amps, even low power tube amps (depends on room size). This speaker has received lots of awards and all reviews say they offer great performance for the price. With a range of 32Hz to 23 kHz, you don't have to worry about missing nuances. They image great with instruments placed were they are supposed to be in the soundstage, and at the proper "height". The Imagine series you get the dynamics and traits of the Image and is more refined than the Image, also more expensive.

I have played my Image speakers using Heathkit SA-2 Int Amp, CJ MV-75 Amp, Marantz SR-5001 HT Receiver, HK 301b Receiver, Dayton DTA-1 T-Amp, and even low wattage Magnavox console tube amp. For music they really shined with the tube amps and the HK receiver.

In short, you will get a great speaker, and cannot go wrong with the Image T6. If you want to save some $$$, contact Andy at Saturday Audio (www.saturdayaudio.com), he will answer any questions you might have and have a great price on the T6, I believe Audio Advisor also offers a good deal on PSB's. I am not affiliated to Saturday Audio or Audio Advisor, I live in Puerto Rico. But purchased all my PSB's from Andy, even with freight was less expensive than the local dealer.
 
Last edited:
I was debating between the psb image t6 and the kef q900. Unfortunately I am not able to audition either. I've heard very good things about both speakers. I can buy the q900 from accessories4less but it says they're open box and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Anybody have any experience ordering from them?

Regarding Accessories4less, I purchased my Marantz SR-5001 from them many years ago. It was a factory refurbished unit, as acc4less is a factory authorized reseller of new, refurbished, and open box Marantz, Kef, Onkyo, Denon, Mourdant Short, and others. They are a reliable seller, and my Marantz is still properly working, recently I substituted for an SR-5008, and moved the 5001 to my son's bedroom. They are located close to Orlando Airport (MCO), if you go to Disney World and want to pay them a visit.
 
Back
Top Bottom