• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Qobuz HiRez streaming has finally hit the U.S. and it’s really really good

Qobuz was targeting an October launch. Delays happen and hopefully it will be well sorted when the time comes.

Two Windows/Firefox instances let me in the site after a refresh. It could be my security rules confusing the site. Chrome is blocked on these.
The third Windows/Firefox is blocked.
Linux/Firefox is blocked.

I would really like to have a functional, full resolution, LMS plugin. Is there one already working?:dunno:
 
Last edited:
Qobuz was targeting an October launch. Delays happen and hopefully it will be well sorted when the time comes.

Two Windows/Firefox instances let me in the site after a refresh. It could be my security rules confusing the site. Chrome is blocked on these.
The third Windows/Firefox is blocked.
Linux/Firefox is blocked.

I would really like to have a functional, full resolution, LMS plugin. Is there one already working?:dunno:
I’m going through chrome but I downloaded the app from the Apple App Store and I got in and have been streaming for the past 4 days successfully and I am liking what I’m hearing so far , much better than Tidal so far .

Audiofreak71
 
I'm not in the apple biosphere so I guess I have to wait.

It’s doing the same thing on my Android tablet and my laptop. It’s just not rolled out yet. But since you can see Russia it may work for you :dunno:
 
I read a review of it from Europe and they said it definitely did not sound as good as Tidal. Even though I doubt under a blind test most could hear any difference at all.
 
Last edited:
89A4B0B8-3CDF-474B-BF57-E22970848E5A.png 06322C38-A086-44CB-9CE3-E1A7C5EF432D.png

I’m using Mconnect so I can easily go back and forth between Qobuz and Tidal and it is working seemlesly. Some songs you can hear a blatant difference in sound quality between Qobuz and Tidal while others are the same to my ears and with some Tidal sounds better to my ears , however the ratio of better sounding songs is in Qobuz favor so far .

Audiofreak71
 

Attachments

  • EC484F20-6D7C-49AA-8A10-7CEAD53E014B.png
    EC484F20-6D7C-49AA-8A10-7CEAD53E014B.png
    214.2 KB · Views: 2
I'll wait until I can stream directly through my gigabit network to the server. I don't want to use my phone as any part of "source". Remote control, fine.
I eliminated my chromecast and am only using my oppos UPnp by way of mconnect which is like Roon , works excellent and sounds even better.

Audiofreak71
 
Are you comparing to Tidal lossless?
I have my issues with Tidal but sound quality hasn't been one of them .
I'll have to look into this. Tidal looks like it's on the way out.
Always, good to have a go to.
I am comparing to Tidal and so far Qobuz is consistently on top for sound quality. There are some songs on tidal that have sounded better in comparison to Qobuz though .

Audiofreak71
 
I eliminated my chromecast and am only using my oppos UPnp by way of mconnect which is like Roon , works excellent and sounds even better.
I have an Oppo player, but don't use it for music. Mine is an LMS environment where a plugin is available for Qobuz. I just need a valid account and indeed as of about ten minutes ago, all I find on their website is "We're planning to launch fall of 2018".

There are two guys on another website who circumvented that by using a VPN to spoof their location as either in Ireland or France and signed up that way. Their reports are good other than occasional buffering of 192/24 content.
 
I have an Oppo player, but don't use it for music. Mine is an LMS environment where a plugin is available for Qobuz. I just need a valid account and indeed as of about ten minutes ago, all I find on their website is "We're planning to launch fall of 2018".

There are two guys on another website who fooled that by using a VPN to spoof their location as either in Ireland or France and signed up that way. Their reports are good other than occasional buffering of 192/24 content.
It’s really weird because I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary to get it to work for me , after I downloaded the app I was up and running .

Audiofreak71
 
It’s really weird because I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary to get it to work for me , after I downloaded the app I was up and running .
Fine. I want nothing of using a phone app for high resolution music playback. For me, that kinda defeats the purpose. :)
 
Could they be rolling it out first on phone apps? I pretty much use my phone for calls, photos and email/text..
 
Fine. I want nothing of using a phone app for high resolution music playback. For me, that kinda defeats the purpose. :)
Unless there is a way to bypass the phone's DAC and just use the data. I do this with a phone sometimes for traveling and get 24/96 out of the phone, and converted to analog by an external DAC, in this case a FiiO..
 
Yeah ikr , don’t know what’s taking them so long but I guess maybe there trying to make sure it’s solid before opening the flood gates .
I did read in their FAQ that for free trials, they still ask for a method of payment so they can determine what country we are from. Interesting it didn't work through PayPal though. I can VPN to another country if I want to but according to their FAQ, my payment method would still prevent me from signing up for a trial, unless I can find a way to get PayPal to look as though I'm from the same country.

I'm not in a rush, so I'm just waiting for the rollout.
 
Fine. I want nothing of using a phone app for high resolution music playback. For me, that kinda defeats the purpose. :)
I’m not suggesting you use your phone but you have to download Qobuz or have it on a streamer somehow so I am saying that I was able to get Qobuz and use it , I also have it on my MacBook Pro and use it that way .

Audiofreak71
 
Unless there is a way to bypass the phone's DAC and just use the data. I do this with a phone sometimes for traveling and get 24/96 out of the phone, and converted to analog by an external DAC, in this case a FiiO..
I don’t use the Dac in my phone I am using my MF TriVista 21 Dac for all my streaming
 
Back
Top Bottom