• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Quaint Quips & Quotes!

And, related to that- An empty wagon rattles the loudest.

Ahhhhhh Tent!
Like I said before, if I had just one dollar for the many times I heard this one too. This one surely reminds me of the times my folks told us about speaking without knowing the whole story. If only people today would adhere to this ole timey classic.

Hall of Fame Klassic,
Rome
 
Loud, confident and wrong (one of my favorites)

HEHEHE!
Refer to Tentoze's previous post. I think these maybe cousins. :thmbsp:

Having had a relative who was a refugee three times and could speak 5 languages, idiomatic expressions were not one of this person's strengths...malapropisms were common:

"It was a pigment on his/her fantasy"

Now this one Wajobu, is a cerebral delicacy!

Klassic,
Rome
 
This is one is tauted around with authority here in AK, but with another form of rhetoric. When someone does something nice & is posted in a forum, it usually get a response like "Good Karma."

Well, I am sure this sentiment was stated long before it.
Remember this?
"What goes around, comes around."

Rome
 
And in the same vein - "The smile you send out, returns to you" (Indian Proverb)

And a joke triggered by Wajobu's post

Q.
Did you hear about the man who dreamt he had invented a new colour?

A.
It turned out to be a pigment of his imagination.


John
 
How about "If your brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough puff to lift your hat to a lady"

And these devastating retorts from Sir Winston Churchill

Wife of prominent politician to Winston Churchill (with distain in her voice): Mr. Churchill, you are drunk!
Mr. Churchill: Yes, madam, and you are ugly. But in the morning, I will be sober, and you will still be ugly.

Lady Astor: Winston: If I were married to you, I'd put poison in your coffee.
Sir Winston Churchill: Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it.
 
Ahhhhhh Bullwinkle!
That is a good one. Some people can never be happy or pleased.

Nice,
Rome
 
And in the same vein - "The smile you send out, returns to you" (Indian Proverb)

And a joke triggered by Wajobu's post

Q.
Did you hear about the man who dreamt he had invented a new colour?

A.
It turned out to be a pigment of his imagination.


John

Klassic stuff Hyperion!

How about "If your brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough puff to lift your hat to a lady"

And these devastating retorts from Sir Winston Churchill

Wife of prominent politician to Winston Churchill (with distain in her voice): Mr. Churchill, you are drunk!
Mr. Churchill: Yes, madam, and you are ugly. But in the morning, I will be sober, and you will still be ugly.

Lady Astor: Winston: If I were married to you, I'd put poison in your coffee.
Sir Winston Churchill: Nancy, if you were my wife, I'd drink it.

Whimsical wit at its finest there Hyperion!

Nice Klassic,
Rome
 
Colder 'n' a Welldigger's @ss !...Hotter'n 4011 H3lls !...Dumber 'n' a Sack o' Rocks !...Uglier 'n' the North end of a Southbound Jackass ! An' don't read this 'un if you're easily offended..Hornier 'n' a two-Peckered Tomcat...He's so damn stubborn, he'd Argue w/a Fencepost...
 
When Mrs Caddis is faced with an unpleasant task she usually replies "I'd rather eat my own hair"

One of my favorites for something with good adhering properties

"Sticks like s**t to a blanket"
 
"What goes around, comes around."

Rome

What goes around, comes around, but money, not so much.

from my father's father:
"Shinier than a diamond in a goat's butt."

and this one from my life in the Ozarks:
"As worthless as tits on a boar hog."
 
Colder 'n' a Welldigger's @ss !...Hotter'n 4011 H3lls !...Dumber 'n' a Sack o' Rocks !...Uglier 'n' the North end of a Southbound Jackass ! An' don't read this 'un if you're easily offended..Hornier 'n' a two-Peckered Tomcat...He's so damn stubborn, he'd Argue w/a Fencepost...

HEHEHE Sandy,
Now these are some Klassics!

Nice,
Rome
 
When Mrs Caddis is faced with an unpleasant task she usually replies "I'd rather eat my own hair"

One of my favorites for something with good adhering properties

"Sticks like s**t to a blanket"

These are great Caddisgeek!

Nice,
Rome
 
What goes around, comes around, but money, not so much.

from my father's father:
"Shinier than a diamond in a goat's butt."

and this one from my life in the Ozarks:
"As worthless as tits on a boar hog."

Well Splatter Pak, if you give some money away to help someone, it surely will come back to you. Maybe not in paper form, but in a way you can benefit from. I am sure of it.

Those are good ones, though I have not heard before. I have an arsenal of quotes to use on my friends now. I have learned so many new ones.

Nice,
Rome
 
Back
Top Bottom