• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Quick, what kind of speakers are these?

Taylor Player

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
At a local tag sale: no badging, pushed in dustcap all else looks good. I'm intrigued by the perfect foam grills but can't place the speakers. Any ideas?

6085179465_03775bc1a8_b.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Nothing special there. Definitely NOT JBL. More of a department store variety, Fisher, Zenith or . . . . not sure though. Maybe somebody else could give a better answer.
 
Thank you guys....that what I was thinking. There is an orphan JBL L40 there that needs to be refoamed, but unless someone here needs it, I'm going to pass on that as well....
 
Don't be fooled by the foam grilles.

Radio Shack sold that foam grille material for years. It is easy to tell the difference between it and genuine JBL foam grilles. The RS foam is very shallow. The original JBL foam was very deep.

Unfortunately, most all of the original JBL foam grilles are severely deteriorated by now. :tears:
 
Back
Top Bottom