• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rare Albums

I have a copy of the Tornados' (the British group) only album. I've only seen this twice since I started collecting in 1968, my copy and another a few years back that looked like it was mauled by a T Rex.

It's a great album BTW.
 
I had a Charlie Parker 10" on Dial 207 (Savers) and Janos Starker Mercury 3 LP box set (estate sale, second day). Sold them both to help out the budget. You do what you have to do.
 
Although not an LP...I do have a 45 of "Stairway To Heaven". Strictly radio promo only...never released as a single. Think it might be rare.
 
Let's see, I have an LPs of The Masked Marauders, Mom's Apple Pie (original cover), first pressing of Crosby Stills & Nash and Allman Brothers' Eat A Peach, an Irish pressing of Small Faces Ogden's Nut Gone Flake in the round fold out cover, a few of the really early MOFI LPs with rain, thunder and trains and Dire Straits Love Over Gold Quiex II. As to how rare these are may be debatable but some are obscure too.

I also have a Doug Clark And The Hot Nuts On Campus. Anyone remember them?[/QUOTE]


Sure do.
 
I had a Charlie Parker 10" on Dial 207 (Savers) and Janos Starker Mercury 3 LP box set (estate sale, second day). Sold them both to help out the budget. You do what you have to do.

Wow Bob. Well, at least they would definitely help the budget.

Nothing that rare, but I do have Herbie Mann's first recording - 10" east coast jazz/4 on Bethlehem bcp1018.
 
...an Irish pressing of Small Faces Ogden's Nut Gone Flake in the round fold out cover,...

yeh, had that one. Sold it. Decided the novelty didn't stand up to repeated listening.

I have a signed Leonard Nimoy and a CSN/Y with ZOSO printed on the label.
 
Here are two rare ones I have. Kerouac & Allen, Poetry for the Beat Generation on Hanover and Rexroth & Ferlinghetti Poetry Readings in the Cellar on Fantasy deep red mottled vinyl signed by both
 

Attachments

  • DSCN1775.jpg
    DSCN1775.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 15
Between competing factors of "rare" and "notable" in my collection is probably an original pressing of Alkana ~ Welcome to my Paradise. It has been reissued in the UK in recent years, so it's not as unusual as it once was, but from what I've read, there were only 500 or so original issues. I also have some unusual, low-pressing 45s, but most of those are not from notable groups, though they may be collectible to the right persons.
 
Don't recall anyone with this one.....I think it can be found. But I bought this new as an import back in like '81ish from Tower Record.

CastleDonn.jpg
 
I have a sealed copy of Arden House - Coming Back

One of those tax-scam records "Arden House" is really Jasper Wrath and the tracks are demos but not too rough and some pretty interesting stuff not available elsewhere.
 
Back
Top Bottom