• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

Took me 5 years to find decent working ones. Rare Pioneer QD-240 CD-4 demodulators i'm 'talking' about!
First one I bought two years ago from eBay. Perfectly working and tested an calibrated. Payed close to $500,- bucks for it including shipping.
When it got delivered and took it out of the box, I noticed that they had obviously switched the demodulator for a not working one with cut powercord. Whole left channel lower volume with distorted sound on, direct 2 ch phono, or auto, or CD-4 preset :rant: I haven't had it fixed yet! It is the one on the attached photo's on top of - and now the good news - the two I bought last month the same day on ebay for plus minus $300,- a piece including shipping from two different sellers that got delivered yesterday (together with a Pioneer 600A rear amp), and actually do work as described in listing :banana:

View attachment 2565281 View attachment 2565282 View attachment 2565283 View attachment 2565284 View attachment 2565285
Nice, enjoy. Patience is a must when you're searching for vintage gear. Congratulations finding them.
 

Thanks for posting this. The SD-1000 matched the look of the my SA-1000 and TX-1000, which is one reason I bought it, I'm still on the lookout for the original SD-1000 manual. Here's a tip that might be helpful to you and others following this thread. There's a guy in Canada on eBay who sells hi-res scans of vintage hifi manuals and brochures, including Pioneer, Marantz, etc. I bought the SD-1000 hi-res scan from him a while back, and took the file to a printer to be made into a proper paper manual. His seller name on eBay is "thecanadiancollector1".
That SD-1100 is a great looking piece of gear. Thanks for posting the link.
 
Took me 5 years to find decent working ones. Rare Pioneer QD-240, the two I bought last month the same day on ebay for plus minus $300,- a piece including
(together with a Pioneer 600A rear amp), and actually do work as described

Congratulations, just curious about your usage? Would a Pioneer quad receiver serve the same purpose?
 
Thanks for posting this. The SD-1000 matched the look of the my SA-1000 and TX-1000, which is one reason I bought it, I'm still on the lookout for the original SD-1000 manual. Here's a tip that might be helpful to you and others following this thread. There's a guy in Canada on eBay who sells hi-res scans of vintage hifi manuals and brochures, including Pioneer, Marantz, etc. I bought the SD-1000 hi-res scan from him a while back, and took the file to a printer to be made into a proper paper manual. His seller name on eBay is "thecanadiancollector1".
That SD-1100 is a great looking piece of gear. Thanks for posting the link.
O that guy from Hifiengine. Overpriced like everything overthere in Canadaland. I just download and watch on a big screen the manual etc, or buy an origional complete manual only or a CD full with it on eBay! I haven't printed out any of my downloaded documentation yet! But an origional scematic brochure or user or service manual etc is nice to have indeed! Lotusland Electronics Vancouver BC and music on 2660 Alma street BC - they are on facebook and in the 'yelp etc - had a gold Pioneer tx-1000 and SD-1000 for not much money a while ago on display. But I dont think they sold it yet! $600,- CAD they wanted for it for both. Woodcased but most 'gold' knob caps missing; but ready available on eBay dot com, if you need these knob caps, or if you are interested in a 1000 second set!
 
Congratulations, just curious about your usage? Would a Pioneer quad receiver serve the same purpose?
Not really. I wanted to tri-amp my Pioneer CS-A700 speakers. So I use my Pioneer SA-1000 with 2x Pioneer SM-700's, and the Pioneer SF-700 Electronic Crossover Network. All, per the SA-1000's owner's manual. Great sound. How do you plan to set up your Quad's?
 
These took some time to find - here are my Pioneer (well, rebranded Sony and NEC) Betamax, S-VHS, and 8mm players.
B99BECEE-856C-42C2-A3B6-2A1D4C1D7AD5.jpeg
And remotes:
7C1222B3-AE63-4A9B-B5BC-C5217E5CC6F3.jpeg

Betamax - Pioneer VX-9. Japanese model. US model was labeled VX-90. Rebadged Sony SL-HF900
S-VHS - Pioneer VH-930SD. Rebadged NEC - unsure specifically which model. Would be nice to find out so I can order belts if still available.
8mm - Pioneer VE-D7. Japanese model. US model was labeled VE-D70. Rebadged Sony EV-S700
 
While looking for the VE-D7, I saw that there were some additional components from the same year that looked interesting.
Pioneer TEL-X707 and CT-X707WR

BD243001-4498-4BA7-8C6A-C4151B9F98A6.jpeg
Plan is to hook up a VOIP phone adaptor and period correct phone to test these out at some point. It doesn’t get much more 80s cool than a Pioneer answering machine that records to cassette and plays through your amp?
 
I'm just gonna go ahead and say that ALL Pioneer elite stuff is relatively rare now. I adore my M-72. I can't imagine what I would have to spend to match that quality today. I bought it from a 70 year old man in a very nice neighborhood for $75:):) He was running some nice older Infinity towers with it since new - W/Original Manual!
 
Just checked back in this thread to see if anything was new, sx1010jbl i would say heck yeah! A tube amp in the states from Pioneer is rare. Can't make out the model number, what is it? Also do you have a serial number so we can pin down a manufacturing date?
 
Well, yes. This is a bit over my abilities. So, I had an offer from a local AK member and I will be turning this project over to him. He is well versed in this arena, and is a true gentleman. I feel good about the possibility of this amp coming back to life.
No model number, and no serial number. Has similarities to the earliest Pio tube receivers. Prototype, maybe. Cross posted in Tubes.
More to come.
 
What is the part number for Mouser for the ring terminal that goes on large filter capacitor's small pins?
It is impossible to solder two or three wires on these pins without it.
 
What is the part number for Mouser for the ring terminal that goes on large filter capacitor's small pins?
It is impossible to solder two or three wires on these pins without it.
Perhaps you want to put this post in the DIY section?
 
Hello,
I guess the SC/SM-100 is quite rare?
I bought the set some years ago on ebay, japanese 100V though.
I also have a DS-40F but unfortunately without the speaker connection box. I would like to get it working to use it in my collection hifi-room. Anyone have a solution for it?SC100.jpg
20221210_112316.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom