• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Rare, hard to find, uncommon Pioneer components

I see them selling for 200ish needing repair on eBay sold listings so I think there might be a disconnect between asking prices and sold prices for late 70's pioneer open cassette decks. But then I guess that is the case for a lot of components nowadays.

When comparing specs its not obvious - but then again people pay a lot for aesthetics.
 
I was watching this. My bid was passed very quickly. I’m willing to attempt to fix it for a good deal. But then in the last 30 seconds it went up to 180$! Wow. It’s for parts and not working…I hope the buyer noticed that. Pioneer prices are still climbing arent they?

FCDA807C-BA60-465C-B7D3-7F40A4475DF1.jpeg
 
Was scrolling this thread and noticed a member mentioning the C 73 pre amp being rare.
Wanted to drop a pic of my set and ask,is this set considered on the rare hard to find side?
100 volt F 73 , C 73 and M 73

View attachment 2826431


Being that these were made for the Japanese Market only they would be considered quite rare outside of Japan and especially being 100vac makes them not that desirable as you'd have to use a step down transformer that would be humming in the back ground. These are basically a slimline version of the Spec 1 and 4 combination. The F73 is probably even rarer than the Pre and Power amp combo.
 
Being that these were made for the Japanese Market only they would be considered quite rare outside of Japan and especially being 100vac makes them not that desirable as you'd have to use a step down transformer that would be humming in the back ground. These are basically a slimline version of the Spec 1 and 4 combination. The F73 is probably even rarer than the Pre and Power amp combo.
Thanks for the info!
I do use a step down transformer and I don't hear any humming because of the transformer.
 
I just received an NOS amplifier board (W23-010D) from a guy in Australia. It is apparently a direct replacement for the original amplifier boards in the SX9000 ( which is the one I’m working on) and the SA900. I bought it as a possible replacement for the amp board on mine which has a couple of damaged traces. While I was waiting for it to arrive here in the states, I played around with the old board and see how good my repairs would be. Well it looks like I’m putting the old one back in and keeping the new board as a backup. I do have another SX9000 that I can use it on. IMG_2525.jpegIMG_2526.jpegIMG_2528.jpegIMG_2527.jpeg
Complete with a brand new set of Sanken 2SC1115’s. I just may use those.
 
Could someone please help me to identify a head unit from these old pictures?

photo_2023-12-18_11-11-28.jpg photo_2023-12-18_11-11-32.jpg

These pictures were taken in 2001. One of them was taken with flash, the other one - without flash.

The display was monochrome: it was grey, and the numbers/letters were black. When the backlight was on, the display and buttons were light green, and the numbers/letters were black.

In the radio mode, a frequency was displayed, and there were 3 live vertical equalizer columns, like here:
photo_2024-01-03_12-43-41.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was produced by Pioneer. Compare, e.g., with that:
photo_2024-01-03_11-59-23.jpg

The general design and - importantly - the font of word PLAY (yes, I still remember this font) were the same as here.

P.S. This is myfirst post here, and the guidelines recommend to introduce myself. Well, I'm a huge audio equipment enthusiast, and I look for some old audio devices from time to time. :)
 
Being that these were made for the Japanese Market only they would be considered quite rare outside of Japan and especially being 100vac makes them not that desirable as you'd have to use a step down transformer that would be humming in the back ground. These are basically a slimline version of the Spec 1 and 4 combination. The F73 is probably even rarer than the Pre and Power amp combo.
The pictured F-73 has 88-108mhz. An F-73 designed for the Japanese market would not go up to 108mhz as they use a slightly different FM band.
 
can anyone in this group tell me their impressions of the pioneer Z series?
I have a Cz Hz 2 MZ.
What do others think about this series from Japan ?
 
The pictured F-73 has 88-108mhz. An F-73 designed for the Japanese market would not go up to 108mhz as they use a slightly different FM band.
Wish I could find more info on these pieces but info is somewhat limited.
The F73 I have does have the 88-108 dial but it is a 100 volt unit. This has always had me curious for more info.
 
hello everyone! I am David from Italy I am looking for someone who can help me with the problems of my pioneer m-90a amplifier. Any help is appreciated. I try to describe the problem: the amplifier after a little repair works! but every now and then, the right W-meter turns off completely! let me explain: the horizontal light bars and even the small vertical light points turn off! if I turn the power off and on again everything works again.... IDEAS??????
 
Last edited:
hello
Pionner component unobtainable ? easy ! let's talk about PA9009A on their VSX-Ax5i
PA9009A.JPG

if needed one day here is the inside of this PIONEER integrated circuit PA9009A

PA9009A inside.JPG

i'm trying to repair one VSX-Ax5i in protection mode with -50V DC present on near every output and hope it's not this component the culprit
please look here if you can help thanks:oops:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom