• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Record Bin From single 4 x 8 Sheet of Plywood - Plans

I like using coarse thread torque head deck screws with plywood. I have a few bits with different diameter tapers. I use one thT works great for counter sinking the deck screws.
 
Bumping this incredibly long thread for a request.

I’m miserable at the act of drafting this up, but would somebody be willing to help me draw up a version that’s 3 bins wide, and doesn’t have the lower shelf? Basically I just need a “tabletop” version of this design.

I have this weird waist-level shelf that I’d love to store these on, and being able to flip through would be perfect. Ideally total width comes in at 42” and can accommodate 250-300 LPs.
 
Bumping this incredibly long thread for a request.

I’m miserable at the act of drafting this up, but would somebody be willing to help me draw up a version that’s 3 bins wide, and doesn’t have the lower shelf? Basically I just need a “tabletop” version of this design.

I have this weird waist-level shelf that I’d love to store these on, and being able to flip through would be perfect. Ideally total width comes in at 42” and can accommodate 250-300 LPs.

Kindof delayed response, but I just saw your request andthought i'd take a stab at this, though I'm only a novice at woodworking... anyone that wants to use this should definitely scrutinize it. As sketched, it can be made with almost exactly 1/2 sheet of 3/4" plywood. Finished size would be 42" x 18.75" x 14" and should hold about 200 records, though the depth of the bottom/sides/dividers could be increased to accommodate more (that will quickly invade the remaining half sheet of ply).

countertop-rendering-1.pngcountertop-cut-sheet.png
 

Attachments

  • countertop-rendering-2.png
    countertop-rendering-2.png
    79.7 KB · Views: 3
  • countertop-rendering-3.png
    countertop-rendering-3.png
    165.7 KB · Views: 2
  • countertop-rendering-4.png
    countertop-rendering-4.png
    279.3 KB · Views: 2
  • countertop-rendering-5.png
    countertop-rendering-5.png
    313.2 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom