• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Record Store Day Coming up Soon!

Register to hide this ad
Swinging through Vintage Vinyl and Euclid Records in St. Louis. Live entertainment and free, locally brewed beer. Gotta love it!
 
It just isn't worth it for me. I am only really interested in the Vanguard reissues and out of the 3 stores I follow only one store got 2 copies of one Vanguard album and that is it. So, what what I really want I am highly unlikely to get anyway so I will go Sunday when everybody can charge what what want and last year it was 20% off RSD list so that is what I will do this year.


Carl
 
It just isn't worth it for me. I am only really interested in the Vanguard reissues and out of the 3 stores I follow only one store got 2 copies of one Vanguard album and that is it. So, what what I really want I am highly unlikely to get anyway so I will go Sunday when everybody can charge what what want and last year it was 20% off RSD list so that is what I will do this year.


Carl

Carl I just posted this in another thread.

Just talked to one of my local store owners that I have a good relationship (like a friend) with.

He said that not all the records will be out on saturday. That shipments are getting out late and next week he will have a lot coming in. He said that I can pay saturday and pick them up next week. People are asking about the RSD Cake Box Set, this one he knows is coming in next week and is late.

Moral of the story look all week long for these rare copies. He is not the only store that is getting late shipments. Employes at stores will just tell you they don't have it or that they are out of, not knowing more might be coming.
http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?p=7743974#post7743974
 
Anyone excited for Record Store Day? Planning any special trips or buys?

I was planning on going to the Local "Record Store Day" on saturday.
But then went to a local small(ish) town Hospital thrift store this AM and found a large quantity of Donated LP's.
Likely remaindered from a deceased relative, as a guess.
All marked with condition tags, from Vg to Excellent... $2 each.
I filled a shopping bag :-).
Consequently Not bothering to do the Record Day 'search'
Going to be too busy... playing Lps' :-)
 
I have not been excited about RSD in the last few yrs.....Nothing of interest is coming out, at least for what I listen to.
The online discounts are no better than the everyday discounts you see. But going to a record store that is crammed with shoppers digging in bins is kinda cool....the Black Saturday of vinyl shopping.
 
I have not been excited about RSD in the last few yrs.....Nothing of interest is coming out, at least for what I listen to.
The online discounts are no better than the everyday discounts you see. But going to a record store that is crammed with shoppers digging in bins is kinda cool....the Black Saturday of vinyl shopping.

We have only one record store within 25 miles of here and he carries a pitiful inventory...not to mention you have to prepare yourself to either agree with his politics or have a loud argument. I bought a few records online and called it my RSD celebration...oh and I did buy one record from the above mentioned record store...meant to buy two but I ran out of lunch hour and concentration arguing with the joker who owns the store. That said I actually like the bastard...we've known each other for 25+ years and been arguing the whole time. I only have energy for it every once in a while. Truth is, there isn't any thing I wouldn't do to help him if he needed it and I think he knows that and feels the same way. Ain't this life weird!
 
I have never been excited about Record Store Day, never attended one. 99% of the vinyl on sale on this day is not to my liking anyway. Even if it was, it's not the way I like to shop. When I shop for records, I like to take my time. I want to browse and loiter for a good couple of hours. I hate shoulder-to-shoulder shopping. Record Store Day, Boxing Day, Black Friday, Blue Tuesday, and what-have-you. Too hectic, not for me.

For those who will participate, have fun and enjoy. Looking forward to your posts on what you bought.

Cheers!
 
Agree with The Nines, I like that there is interest in vinyl, but attending it? I really have to be in a crowded spot? I have a dislike for that. I like the idea behind it, but it's mostly just a novelty. Vinyl's being pressed and I like it.
 
I've never been before, tomorrow will be my first time. What are the odds they actually have something you are looking for? (Hendrix, Cage the Elephant). I'm sure I'll find something cool there though. Are there set prices, or do they just charge what they want? If yes set prices, do they show the prices online anywhere? Need to know what kind of money to bring.
 
Actually the 2 record stores closet to my house do not do any of the RSD LP's at all and never have, just business as usual.
Good luck to whoever is going for it tomorrow!


Carl
 
It just so happens that one of my daughters wants to go record shopping with me tomorrow. How can I refuse? Looks like I'll finally see what all the noise is about. I took a quick look at some of the planned releases and I will be very happy if I pick up a copy of Jimmy Page & The Black Crowes: Live At The Greek.
 
I have maybe 7 or 8 record stores within a mile of me, so I might end up near one to see what's going on but it's not my way to shop. I got a great record today and I'm happy.

little-ann-deep-shadows.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom