• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Replacement dial bulbs for Sansui G-6700

Boogieman

New Member
Hey there:

I need to find a source for replacement bulbs for a Sansui G-6700 receiver. They are 8 volt, 3 amp bulbs. Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
 
Register to hide this ad
The originals are big globe like lamps with leads. I haven't seen replacements in that style bigger than 150 ma. The best sub are those 8v 250ma wedge based bulbs that you add the leads to.

- Pete
 
The originals are big globe like lamps with leads. I haven't seen replacements in that style bigger than 150 ma. The best sub are those 8v 250ma wedge based bulbs that you add the leads to.

- Pete

Correct value is 300mA for G-6700:yes:
 
The originals are big globe like lamps with leads. I haven't seen replacements in that style bigger than 150 ma. The best sub are those 8v 250ma wedge based bulbs that you add the leads to.

- Pete

Hi Pete,
Thanks for the info, I started offering the wedges with wires added because they're so hard to solder wires to, Dave. :yes:

8v_Wedge_Lamps_01.jpg
 
wedgies

I have had good results soldering to those bulbs, I think it's nichrome wire, but I tin my leads, bend them around the loop on the lamp, use a little flux paste and a good drop of solder.
Now, does anyone know where to find that type bulb in an 18v 300ma?
The T-80 tuner uses it, been unobtainium for me.
Casey
 
Hi Pete,
Thanks for the info, I started offering the wedges with wires added because they're so hard to solder wires to, Dave. :yes:

8v_Wedge_Lamps_01.jpg
IF the G-6700 is like other G series models, those are the best substitues for the originals.

- Pete
 
The type of bulb in the picture are "Wedge Bulbs" - because 18v is a fairly unusual voltage - be prepared to look in unusual places - like Model Railway bulbs, Automobile bulbs, Dolls House bulbs, Surplus Eqpt bulb suppliers etc...

If you do this search using Google - wedge bulb +18v -Batteries
you should see some leads (no pun intended) to follow up. If the search seems to be on the wrong track you can eliminate further "red herrings" by just adding -word as I have done above with "Batteries".

Many of these are in the US - so I am hoping this will help you a little.

Good luck...
 
bulbs

I will retry a search, thx, I don't want to jack this thread to work my issue.
thanks
Casey
 
I have had good results soldering to those bulbs, I think it's nichrome wire, but I tin my leads, bend them around the loop on the lamp, use a little flux paste and a good drop of solder.
Now, does anyone know where to find that type bulb in an 18v 300ma?
The T-80 tuner uses it, been unobtainium for me.
Casey

Casey, be careful when you buy 18v wedge lamps, many are T1 3/4 mini size wedges, you need size T3 1/4, Dave.
 
Back
Top Bottom