• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

replacing "fm stereo" LED on G-7000

FLMike

New Member
Banned
I need to replace the red "fm stereo" led on a Sansui G-7000...

The service manual list the part as SG-12C (red) LED

I don't know much about electronics...do LED's have voltage/wattage values?
 
Register to hide this ad
Led

I need to replace the red "fm stereo" led on a Sansui G-7000...

The service manual list the part as SG-12C (red) LED

I don't know much about electronics...do LED's have voltage/wattage values?

Yes, they do...typically about 2 volts. But check for voltage with a strong station selected and receiving in stereo at the LED prior to removal, those last forever, could be a differant problem.
Casey
 
It's not likely the LED is bad. Like Casey said, put a voltmeter across it and look to see if voltage is present when you tune across a strong stereo station.

- Pete
 
Back
Top Bottom