• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Report Problems with Ads Here!

@Advally, @luvvinvinyl, @pustelniakr

Guys, is this "new JUMBO ad problem" just happening with me? It ruins the subscriber experience, at least for me as I spend 99.9% of my time here on my Samsung Galaxy S10 smartphone. It also cuts off the thread title that is at the top of every page.:(
View attachment 1863301
Thanks as always for your help.
-Chris
Yeah, I'm not getting that, this time around. Hope it gets squared away soon.
 
I just confirmed it is happening in both my browsers.
The previous screenshots were chrome.

This screenshot is the Samsung browser (which I never use).
Screenshot_20200511-181848_Samsung Internet.jpg
 
Agree... the GIANT top ads on my phone (iPhone / safari) are terrible.

And what’s with the weird arrow triangles I get up top too?


Ben
 
Last edited:
This is the one site I allow ads, on the premise it helps financially. After 26 years on forums and such, this is the first place I've felt worthy of supporting. Pretty sure it's not just me. This place is special.

It would be nice if they were less obnoxious. I've no intention of going anywhere, but these ads are angering up the blood...
 
I’m not an anti-ads guy at all but these are pretty obnoxious in particular on mobile which is where so many of us access AK these days
 
I posted in the other thread last night.

I’ll add that I’m using chrome on my iPhone, I also tried Safari and it is just as bad.
 
I am still waiting for AK to offer something for subscribers/supporters to reduce/eliminate the ads altogether. This is common on most email platforms (pay with no ads, or free and just deal with them).

The ads are getting to be a pretty serious barrier to enjoyment.

jblnut
 
I just confirmed it is happening in both my browsers.
The previous screenshots were chrome.

This screenshot is the Samsung browser (which I never use).
View attachment 1863305

New member, but not a fan of the huge billboard. View attachment 1863308

Agree... the GIANT top ads on my phone (iPhone / safari) are terrible.

And what’s with the weird arrow triangles I get up top too?


Ben

Please fix this.


This is the one site I allow ads, on the premise it helps financially. After 26 years on forums and such, this is the first place I've felt worthy of supporting. Pretty sure it's not just me. This place is special.

It would be nice if they were less obnoxious. I've no intention of going anywhere, but these ads are angering up the blood...

I’m not an anti-ads guy at all but these are pretty obnoxious in particular on mobile which is where so many of us access AK these days

Yep, these are way too obtrusive. As others have said, I can handle advertising, but this is bad.

I posted in the other thread last night.

I’ll add that I’m using chrome on my iPhone, I also tried Safari and it is just as bad.

I am still waiting for AK to offer something for subscribers/supporters to reduce/eliminate the ads altogether. This is common on most email platforms (pay with no ads, or free and just deal with them).

The ads are getting to be a pretty serious barrier to enjoyment.

jblnut

Sorry guys, we're reverting that now. In hindsight, that works well on Desktop - but is far too intrusive on Mobile.
 
Sorry guys, we're reverting that now. In hindsight, that works well on Desktop - but is far too intrusive on Mobile.

While I never experienced the JUMBO ADS issue @ my phone or PC(s) as described by my fellow AKers @ this thread, I'm glad to read that you've fixed the problem, Advally; further, I didn't know until TODAY that AK had added another tech-savvy Admin to the staff. Finally some (paid and dedicated) help for Luther (@Wardsweb). Way to go Advally. :beerchug:
 
While I never experienced the JUMBO ADS issue @ my phone or PC(s) as described by my fellow AKers @ this thread, I'm glad to read that you've fixed the problem, Advally; further, I didn't know until TODAY that AK had added another tech-savvy Admin to the staff. Finally some (paid and dedicated) help for Luther (@Wardsweb). Way to go Advally. :beerchug:

Thanks! We do our best to bring some accountability to the Advertising system. :) You will notice in this thread though, we also make mistakes from time to time. :)

For some reason I can't get it to always notify us when a new post is here. I'm just showing how dusty my forum skills are....
 
Back
Top Bottom