• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Report Problems with Ads Here!

Since the latest issue was fixed, the ads on top of the page are covering up about half of my avatar. This is on my android phone, the device I almost exclusively use to visit this site. Haven't checked on my desktop PC.

It is not really a big issue to me, but I do love seeing Linda's face in full when I'm on the home screen. Just pointing it out.

Capture+_2020-05-15-11-54-11.png
 
Politics was dropped from AK years ago. Why are Trump ad appearing here? They should be removed immediately!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
On mobile it takes a second for the ads at the top to load and when they finally do load they push everything down about 20pixels so if I click something right before the ad loads it usually means I end up clicking on the wrong since it shifts the page.
 
On mobile it takes a second for the ads at the top to load and when they finally do load they push everything down about 20pixels so if I click something right before the ad loads it usually means I end up clicking on the wrong since it shifts the page.

Exactly why I wait and don’t start mashing buttons until it’s loaded. It’s not an issue when I have a good signal.

:beerchug:
 
Politics was dropped from AK years ago. Why are Trump ad appearing here? They should be removed immediately!

Those ads are typically tied to your browser history and have nothing to do with AK. When I “click” to remove an add that info goes to Google not AK.

Ads.PNG
 
I am paying subscriber and really dont wanna wait :shrug:

Lol, its 2 sec's tops ;)

Edit: and its not just mobile, I am on a hotel WiFi right now and the banner adds take longer than the rest of the page, not as annoying as on a laptop
 
Lol, its 2 sec's tops ;)

Edit: and its not just mobile, I am on a hotel WiFi right now and the banner adds take longer than the rest of the page, not as annoying as on a laptop
It is an easy fix though.... Just add padding to the top so that once it does load it won't push everything down......... Or better yet remove the ads for paying members.
 
It is an easy fix though.... Just add padding to the top so that once it does load it won't push everything down......... Or better yet remove the ads for paying members.

Meh :dunno:... first world problems that I do not worry about. It was worst before they fixed the huge add problem, Now that they are back to banner size it really doesn’t push anything down on my iPhone anymore.
 
@tonyg88 are you still getting big adds? I just cycled my iPhone through 10 reloads and the main page didn’t move, the space for the add just stayed blank until it loaded.
 
While I never experienced the JUMBO ADS issue @ my phone or PC(s) as described by my fellow AKers @ this thread, I'm glad to read that you've fixed the problem, Advally; further, I didn't know until TODAY that AK had added another tech-savvy Admin to the staff. Finally some (paid and dedicated) help for Luther (@Wardsweb). Way to go Advally. :beerchug:


At the rate of ad complaints, might need to pay them in adderall.
 
Since the latest issue was fixed, the ads on top of the page are covering up about half of my avatar. This is on my android phone, the device I almost exclusively use to visit this site. Haven't checked on my desktop PC.

It is not really a big issue to me, but I do love seeing Linda's face in full when I'm on the home screen. Just pointing it out.

View attachment 1866974

Ok that is odd, we'll look into that one! Definitely isn't supposed to be doing that.

View attachment 1876791

Maybe you don't have the control over content, but I'm not sure yall want this fraud popping up...

I actually don't know who that is, is she fraudulent or am I missing something else in the screen capture?

Politics was dropped from AK years ago. Why are Trump ad appearing here? They should be removed immediately!

The Trump ads thing is really tricky. Their campaign very specifically is breaking all the rules of digital advertising so every time we get them down, they appear to figure out a round-about way to get in. All Political advertising is blocked on here, so its only the non-compliant stuff that gets through. We'll hunt this one down, but it is definitely a game of whack-a-mole.

On mobile it takes a second for the ads at the top to load and when they finally do load they push everything down about 20pixels so if I click something right before the ad loads it usually means I end up clicking on the wrong since it shifts the page.

Ah, OK I think I know what is causing that. I'll have the team take a look!
 
Back
Top Bottom