• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

REVIEW: Dual 1219 rebuild by NoTransistors

Once fixed up they are trouble free!

They sure are! The one that Seth (No Transistors) fixed up for me has been completely reliable. It's currently spinning Sinatra's '57 Christmas album. :thumbsup:

With my average understanding level of English written in this topic, all I know that I envy you guys for having a DUAL 1019/1219.
Where I live there are no turntables mechanics, but I contacted a seller from the other part of my country to find and bring me a Dual 1019/1219... I did find a 1219 at $250 in another district and another one at the same price but with marble plynth, but with my known bad luck, I will wait for the mechanic/seller to find me one and fix it.
So, treasure the ones who really know to fix your turntables. They are a real treasure!
Happy Christmas, everyone!

Merry Christmas to you too! Where are you located?
 
I live in Romania (Europe) near Timisoara.
Being a child I dreamt to have a turntable and pushed back this dream every year until I bought a craptable. One day I started reading about TT encyclopedia and was shocled to see what stupidities I know... I realized that DUAL 1019/1219 fits my needs and looks like my dream TT.

I wanted to have other MM cartdridge TT until I find a DUAL but my bad luck had got into the role and received a broken TT packed in a drape!!!
I wrote to those guys from fixmydual but NO response (wrote them 3 weeks behind)...

If those guys have fixmydual website, I should have one called:”find me a dual”
 
File Under Dumb A$$:

I powered up the 1219 tonight after a grueling day at work and immediately got a ground loop hum. Touching the tonearm produced an even louder hum. Oh, schitt!

I spent a good half hour futzing with the headshell, checking and rechecking the leads on the cart pins, and messing around with the ground connection on the amp. No dice.
:dammit:

Then I finally flipped it over and looked at the RCA connections on the chassis. A ha! The right channel interconnect was barely plugged in!!! Voila, problem solved.

Whatta dumb a$$ I yam!! :withstpd:

---------

I gotta say, this 1219 has exceeded my wildest expectations. The TD-124 hasn't been used all week.

Dang...





Says a whole lot about a turntable that can hang with one that costs exponentially more, and is considered one of true greats.
 
I live in Romania (Europe) near Timisoara.
Being a child I dreamt to have a turntable and pushed back this dream every year until I bought a craptable. One day I started reading about TT encyclopedia and was shocled to see what stupidities I know... I realized that DUAL 1019/1219 fits my needs and looks like my dream TT.

I wanted to have other MM cartdridge TT until I find a DUAL but my bad luck had got into the role and received a broken TT packed in a drape!!!
I wrote to those guys from fixmydual but NO response (wrote them 3 weeks behind)...

If those guys have fixmydual website, I should have one called:”find me a dual”

There's a guy in Germany who sells refurbished Dual TTs, I can look it up later (can't remember the web site off the top of my head)

EDIT: it's called gs-audio (.com), I haven't done business with them though so I can't say anything about them other than they seem to exist :)
 
It's been a while, so here's a photo of the 1219 in its current environment...

I've "upgraded" the plinth from the United Audio one to a real German-made Dual plinth with the flip-down accessories compartment in front.

 
besides mono?................dang yer testing an old brain hard this morning. Still a bit hung over from turkey

Yup, mono pressings of that LP are rarer than a hen's tooth. The industry was already phasing out dedicated mono pressings in late 1967 when that was released. I found it at a Goodwill in Cambridge, MA.
 
Yup, mono pressings of that LP are rarer than a hen's tooth. The industry was already phasing out dedicated mono pressings in late 1967 when that was released. I found it at a Goodwill in Cambridge, MA.


haven't found an extra tri-tone of AYE in them goodwills have have ya? :naughty:
 
Back
Top Bottom