• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Roll call, SME series 1 3009, 3012 arm's

I realise this is a very old post but that little 'clip-on' metallic bar is something I am searching for...any ideas guys?
Thanks
Make one would probably be easiest. Take pics of it from the web and see if a machine shop has a guy that can bend some metal to fit and notch it to allow the hanging weight.
 
I can now be added to the roll call, the postal and hifi gods were shining on me today and the postman delivered my parcel containing the series 1 SME 3012. Looks in lovely condition, will be some time before I get to try it out due to the turntable for it to go on is not yet finished. I haven't had time yet to properly inspect it but my brief look/feel when unpacking it leads me to think that there doesn't seem to be rear sag on this one, though I haven't tried this with the counterweight installed yet. I weighed the main counterweight: ~200g! I am thinking SPU will be needed at the front end to balance this one out, in the future when funds allow. Here it is as I unpacked it, sitting on it's original box/cardboard packaging,plus a picture of some of the accessories that has come with it, including new/unfitted bias hanger and weightView attachment 3515560View attachment 3515561View attachment 3515562:View attachment 3515560

Stunning, quite likely 1 of the only as new SME 3012 series 1 arms to be found.
I was told the first few of the 300 3012-1 made, had no slot in the knurled base knobs. 3009-1 numbers said to be 500 or so.
 
I'm finally using my 3012 Series 1 arm in my basement home theater system. Plays extremely well with my Neumann DST-62 (although the Series 1 arm lift is pretty janky, all things being equal).

20260924_201230992_iOS.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom