• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

RtR speakers - pre-BIC?

kaliph11

Super Member
these look like they can push out some sound, but I would not want to get them if they were the BIC stuff.

Can anyone tell me if these are the real deal?
 

Attachments

  • 52.jpg
    52.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 73
Register to hide this ad
Those are pre-BIC era, but I'm also thinking they're post RTR's best era as well.

If the price is right, they might be worth a listen or at least a look.

Scott
 
thanks

definitely told guy I was interested...can't get to his area before Sunday, though.

Definitely look like they are worth a Grant.
 
If I'm not mistaken (it's difficult to tell from that CL pic), do those not say "Series XX"? If so, they are definately into the BIC era but likely prior to total downturn in quality. My Series IIF's still show the pre-BIC quality in their drivers and cabs even though BIC had already taken over at that time. The only "cheapening" apparent in mine are the fairly simplistic crossovers. The drivers themselves are of nice quality with the woofers being an obvious RtR design with nice, beefy Alnico magnets. The cabs vary from 3/4"-1-1/2" MDF with a nice and thick wood veneer. Each one weighs close to 100#. Certainly not the Holy Grail in sound quality, but they are unique and quite rarely seen. RtR e-stats are almost fabled in their quality, so it would stand to reason that at least some of their dynamic loudspeaker systems would inherit some of those genes. I, personally, am quite enamored of RtR's loudspeakers. Even those of the late 70's to early 80's.

IMHO.
Dave
 
Back
Top Bottom