• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sansui G-22000 on CL-Pueblo, CO

Register to hide this ad
Actually it's listed for $1200 in Denver CL but I'm not in a mood to spend that much. :no:
http://denver.craigslist.org/bar/3379796526.html

I don't get why he says receiver and amp.
May be it comes with that black amp on the bottom and if that's good, it may be a great deal.

3K23ka3Nf5Nc5I55J4cb1e1ccc99aeb281915.jpg
 
The Sansui G22000 is a TWO PIECE unit. It can be used with both halves against each other, one on top of the other, or even seperated as shown in the photo Mystery posted.
Oh, I'd LOVE to have one myself.
 
The Sansui G22000 is a TWO PIECE unit. It can be used with both halves against each other, one on top of the other, or even seperated as shown in the photo Mystery posted.
Oh, I'd LOVE to have one myself.

That black amp is the back half of the 22000. They can be bolted together or split apart.

That tells my level of experience with those.
I've only seen/listened G-8000 that is one piece.
Thanks for information.
 
The 22000 and 33000 are the only solid-state receivers that I've heard of built in that manner. HH Scott had a similar tube unit.
 
If you've ever seen one in person or tried to lift it you'd understand why they come apart. They both crowd the 100lb mark, with the 33000 slightly heavier. When I bought my 33k it was in a homemade stand bolted together....I got it as far as the floor and had to unbolt it before going any further.

Price wise, the 22k has been selling from $1200 to as high as $3k..but I've only seen one in the $3k range, it was on ebay, and part of a bidding war i believe.
 
The 22000 and 33000 are the only solid-state receivers that I've heard of built in that manner. HH Scott had a similar tube unit.

The Rotel RX-1603 had the same layout...in 1976.

One more...the Mitsubishi DA-A15DC and DA-C20 can be similarly connected and are technically a receiver although they are much closer to true separates.
 
I'll bet that is the same one(pic looks familiar) that was one the Pueblo CL about six months ago.It was being offered for $600 back then.I emailed but never got a response.Could be legit but to me there is something fishy about this.
 
maybe someone bought it for $600, played with it for 6 months and now is ready to make their profit?
 
Not the one I worked on.

Rob

All RX-1603 were split-able. That's why the tuner antenna and RCA jacks are located on the top and not the sides. IIRC, there was an optional kit for splitting the RX-1603 front end and amp sections.

Anyways, the RX-1603 is not the beast the G22K/33K is so splitting isn't really necessary.
 
Driving home from CO with G-22000 plopped in the trunk of one-way rental car. Spoke with seller Nov 1, when posted..gut feeling was he was legit, so bought a one-way airfare (expensive) and one way rental (cheap)..and off I went. Guy was super nice..it was his for approx 5 years..a military buddy had given it to him! He was aware of the worth, but wanted a quick sale. Let me test all functions..and it is perfect. About a 8-10 cosmetically..but I will try and turn that into a "9" when I get home. Another "audio adventure" as I try to make it home before the 24 hour rental expires. Wife calls this my "mid life crisis"..will post pics when I return home..
 
Driving home from CO with G-22000 plopped in the trunk of one-way rental car. Spoke with seller Nov 1, when posted..gut feeling was he was legit, so bought a one-way airfare (expensive) and one way rental (cheap)..and off I went. Guy was super nice..it was his for approx 5 years..a military buddy had given it to him! He was aware of the worth, but wanted a quick sale. Let me test all functions..and it is perfect. About a 8-10 cosmetically..but I will try and turn that into a "9" when I get home. Another "audio adventure" as I try to make it home before the 24 hour rental expires. Wife calls this my "mid life crisis"..will post pics when I return home..

Congrats!
Flying for a receiver! That's the first I heard of.

BTW, where are you driving to?
Looks like no love from us Coloradans for the G-22000.
Post some pictures when you get a chance.
Also, hope you secured it in the trunk and not just pop it in. :no:
 
Congrats on a beautiful piece of gear. I admire your find a way to get it done spirit. If this is as bad as your "mid life crisis" gets, your wife is lucky. At least that's what I would tell mine. :D Looking forward to the pics.
 
Back
Top Bottom