• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scott 272??

Register to hide this ad
Does anybody know of there is any difference at all between the silver faced Scott 272 and the gold faced one?

Justin
Yeah, the silver faced one had its lacquer paint cleaned off an the raw Aluminum color is showing. No, seriously, i don't think that there was 2 different styles of faceplates for that model. I maybe wrong but check to see if all the letters for the knobs are intact and maybe loosen a knob and check underneath it to see if there is a difference in color. I know i tried to "clean up" a discolored gold tone face plate with Brasso and ended up removing some paint from the fascia which revealed the raw aluminum color.
 
Yeah, the silver faced one had its lacquer paint cleaned off an the raw Aluminum color is showing. No, seriously, i don't think that there was 2 different styles of faceplates for that model. I maybe wrong but check to see if all the letters for the knobs are intact and maybe loosen a knob and check underneath it to see if there is a difference in color. I know i tried to "clean up" a discolored gold tone face plate with Brasso and ended up removing some paint from the fascia which revealed the raw aluminum color.

Oh, interesting. Looks good in silver, for what’s it worth. I will have a look. These used EL-34’s, yes?
 
Oh, interesting. Looks good in silver, for what’s it worth. I will have a look. These used EL-34’s, yes?
Yes the amp is PP el34. I rebuilt 2 of them. It took a long time to complete a full rebuild. You just do one socket at a time. It is a very impressive amp. I sold one to a guy in Hong Kong. Shipping was over 200!
 
Back
Top Bottom