• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scott LK-48-B Bias Voltage Help

How did you hold the cap together after stuffing it?

I use a little 5 minute epoxy (around the inside rim and under the ground ring) and some small clamps to seal them up. Once back in the chassis, it's hard to tell that they were ever touched.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Cap Seal.jpg
    Cap Seal.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 59
The ONLY reason that your bias voltage would drop from a change in capacitors is because the new caps are drawing some current of their own to create the drop.

It may be that they still need to form, but in any event, I agree with Craig -- if there is a permanent drop in bias voltage because of a change in caps used in the bias circuit, then those caps are suspect. A properly operating cap of any type construction will draw no discernible current at all, other than its charging current.

Dave

Dave, I think you nailed it. I don't believe the caps had formed. After a few hours of burn in, everything's back to normal. I'm still going to keep eye on them for while. :yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom