• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Screw bolt for Marantz 2270

Dubwizer

New Member
Is it feasible to replace the regular faceplate screw of Marantz 2270 with the later Marantz bolt screw? and what are the measurements for the screw (thread size and length)
Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
It's not a direct swap. the hex style are Alot larger thread. I have a 4240 with the small Phillips screws. I have also seen 4240's with the larger type. It would involve drilling and tapping the front chassis plate. It can be done but you'll only get one shot at it.

I thought about it for a while as we're all fans of the aluminum but then I realized it looks fine just the way it is and that 40 bucks for the proper bolts could be better spent on a better interconnect.

Oh.. and welcome aboard!
 
I have a 2220 (same screws as the 2270), the original screws were in a very bad state.
I tried to find some replacement without success and decided on some M4 stainless steel bolts with the internal hex head.
I redid the thread to M4 in the chassis posts (tap), it looks very good to me and only cost a couple of dollars.
 
Thanks

Thanks guys for the replies and helpful tips.. Nothing is wrong with the marantz, thought I'd give it a facelift with a flair.
Appreciate it, thanks
 
Back
Top Bottom