• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Scroes You Passed on Because Quarantine?

Staying home....must....stay....home....

https://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/ele/d/toledo-sansui-9090/7102132314.html

Sansui 9090 receiver. In very good cosmetic and working condition. Very heavy, big and powerful. $300.

00I0I_6Mfm7DXIiKy_1200x900.jpg

That's a Dave Culver price. Maybe worth venturing out but put on your full PPE....
 
I have a holy grail sub deal on the back burner right now because of the virus. Hope it plays out with me putting over 300lbs of subs and amps in the wife's wagon sometime soon ;-)

Jblnut
 
I saw a Marantz 2230 with wood case and a pair of Bose 301 that were just listed on CL last night for $175. Had to pass.
 
I was offered a pair of Celestion Ditton 66s, a pair of Radford transmission line speakers and something else I don’t recall for a very good price. Three years ago, I would have gone for it. Not now.
 
Just passed up a pair of ADS L1090's for 150.00. Going into someones house to audition speakers isn't what I really want to be doing right now.
(I saw that Sui 9090 for 300. It's on the Portland CL as well)
 
Just passed up a pair of ADS L1090's for 150.00. Going into someones house to audition speakers isn't what I really want to be doing right now.
(I saw that Sui 9090 for 300. It's on the Portland CL as well)

It's in Toledo, halfway between and two hours south for me. I've still got an 890 (8080 in black) that needs love, too many projects and now LOTS of time.
 
Toledo is only a few miles from me...
*sigh*
I’ll just hafta be happy with my L810s.
 
Toledo is only a few miles from me...
*sigh*
I’ll just hafta be happy with my L810s.

Hey, the truckloads of speakers guy. The 810s the wheat from the chaff? That was a good story.
L1090/2s here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MKG
Hey, the truckloads of speakers guy. The 810s the wheat from the chaff? That was a good story.
L1090/2s here.
Yeah, they made it all worth it. Along with the mcs 8228s.
Honestly, it would have been worth it even if it was all crap- it got me back into this hobby.
 
Passed on a $40, clean HK 730 because the seller wouldn't hold on to it til the pandemic passed.

The buyer who apparently jumped on it has it listed for $300 on FB marketplace now. C'est la vie.
 
Stay safe. You might want to print your postage at home with a Zebra printer. Your USPS carrier will pick up most items and give you an acceptance scan.

I’ve had different results trying to hand of a package to a carrier. Some have taken it no questions asked and some have told me they can’t and I have to either take it to the post office or a drop of point. I have a Mail Stop that I use.
 
There was a fairly attractive hooker that waved me over on the way to work the other day. She probably could be reducing her rates due to low traffic. But you never know, it could of been a transvestite, it was on K Street. That's a real drag when that happens, no pun intended. :thumbsdown:


That wasnt a hooker, it was a lobbyist. It comes natural to them but she most likely would of paid you
 
Here's an odd one that I've noticed lately is weight lifting equipment seems to be all or nothing. I've been watching the prices for a while and with the gyms being closed I've watched some equipment like free weights and dumbells really take off in price . A bit of American price gouging no doubt as it's easy enough to disinfect these items. But at the same time I've also noticed some cable machines are being listed as free. My guess is there's not much of a market for these machines that someone has perspired all over and are difficult at best to disinfect.
 
Here's an odd one that I've noticed lately is weight lifting equipment seems to be all or nothing. I've been watching the prices for a while and with the gyms being closed I've watched some equipment like free weights and dumbells really take off in price . A bit of American price gouging no doubt as it's easy enough to disinfect these items. But at the same time I've also noticed some cable machines are being listed as free. My guess is there's not much of a market for these machines that someone has perspired all over and are difficult at best to disinfect.

Being locked down can cause couch potato syndrome. If there is gym equipment that can be gotten safely, it's a good way to stay in shape. We bought a pro treadmill, recumbent bike, and weight machine for peanuts in the 08 downturn and we still use it all daily. The good equipment lasts forever in the home setting. I was never one to go to the gym, always thought it was sort of like a petri dish.
 
Back
Top Bottom