• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sears Audio by Fisher

ehc68

My SX-1050
I have a "Sears Audio by Fisher" receiver model number 143-92531600. Does anyone have any info at all on it?
 
Register to hide this ad
There's no way to cross reference a Sears number to a Fisher model. You'll need to post a picture, and somebody might be able to get close.
 
Ok, here are the pics......
 

Attachments

  • Fisher 1.jpg
    Fisher 1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 479
  • Fisher 2.jpg
    Fisher 2.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 406
I know this is a very old thread, but I found this while trying to figure out what Sears Audio by Fisher receiver my father owned. Looking at your pictures it appears he owns the exact same one. Still works too and he is the original owner. He has it hooked up to a pair of Advent bookshelf speakers. I will check on it next time I am back home as I am very interested in finding out more about this model as well and I will see if my dad knows anything about it.
 
I remember back when we were snotty kids that we used to call this stuff "Fishy Audio by Sears."

I don't know about this particular one, but most of that stuff was made by Sanyo. If you post a model number, we might be able to get lucky and find out more about it.
 
No real way to correlate a Sears Audio by FISHER to that years current FISHER/SANYO Line. Sears stuff was usually a separate line for SANYO in the late 70's to Early 90's, and it wasn't sold anywhere else nor did they mix model lines.

Larry
 
I owned a quadraphonic Sears Audio by Fisher amp that was quite good apart from having crappy knobs which stripped if you looked at them wrong (the switch gear was fine, the knobs were the problem). I remember it had the words Area-Matic on it and you could hook up tons of speakers to the thing with four area designations. It was heavy too. I gave it to a friend who passed on to another friend when I got something I liked better. Never seen another one like it.
 
My father's is holding up well after all these years, so it must have been built pretty well. It unfortunately serves garage duty now days though.
 
My father's is holding up well after all these years, so it must have been built pretty well. It unfortunately serves garage duty now days though.

As long as it's still playing music for somebody, it's happy.:yes:
 
I've got the 143-92531600. Same exact one as in the topic creator's pictures. I've had it since high school (around 2001) and bought it at a garage sale for $30. Everything on it still works, and it sounds absolutely wonderful. I wish I had a manual for it, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's around 40 watts per channel. I may be selling it short though, could be more powerful than that.
 
I've got the 143-92531600. Same exact one as in the topic creator's pictures. I've had it since high school (around 2001) and bought it at a garage sale for $30. Everything on it still works, and it sounds absolutely wonderful. I wish I had a manual for it, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's around 40 watts per channel. I may be selling it short though, could be more powerful than that.

Mine works well too! I haven't connected it to a nice sounding pair of speakers.....yet! I just recently bought a pair of Bose 501 Series and looking forward to listening to it on those.
 
Sorry to bump this old thread but I thought I'd add info for anyone googling this receiver. It's 35 wpc. I saw someone somewhere state that the grille in the top and the heatsink on the back are plastic. The former might be true, though I found an image online that clearly has a metal grille, but the heat sink obviously isn't plastic. I owned one of these from about 1979, when I got it for my birthday, to about 1995, when I sold it to a coworker. My mom would agree that it was quite loud for 35 wpc :)
 
Last edited:
The numbers you guys are quoting are Sears part numbers that won't cross to anything. Most all of this stuff was made by Sanyo for Sears. Sanyo owned and manufactured all Fisher product for a number of years starting around 1975.
 
The numbers you guys are quoting are Sears part numbers that won't cross to anything. Most all of this stuff was made by Sanyo for Sears. Sanyo owned and manufactured all Fisher product for a number of years starting around 1975.
Yes, these were made by Sanyo. I had one as my first receiver in 1980. At the time I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread! It served me well for several years. Very fond memories of that piece.
 
Usually if its from Sears you can find info and parts for it on their web site. May have to play with the numbers some. I have an 8 track deck from circa 1973 or so, bought a new drive belt for it last year from Sears parts.
 
Hey, I know this is a SUPER old thread but I just want to thank everyone for their input on this receiver!! Btw....still going strong!! I use it pretty regularly in my studio.
 
I Just picked up a Fisher Model 143 92512700. I have to say an excellent piece, Very well made and a cool 70's blue dial plate. I recapped and cleaned it up, looks awesome and just as! One problem, when I was lining up the dial I messed up the dial cord and I need to restring it....not fun. Any one have a service manual for this Gimmy?
 

Attachments

  • 20180313_191234 (1).jpg
    20180313_191234 (1).jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 90
The numbers you guys are quoting are Sears part numbers that won't cross to anything. Most all of this stuff was made by Sanyo for Sears. Sanyo owned and manufactured all Fisher product for a number of years starting around 1975.

FISHER was bought from Emerson in the early 70's. Dates are muddied as not much info remains, but the sales to Sanyo was complete in 1975. Fisher was relegated to a 2nd tier Co under Sanyo, and stayed fairly profitable until the 90's. At the end they were making a wall mounted CD player with speakers that I believe was sold only at wholesale clubs. FISHER stayed a 2nd tier audio Co under Sanyo until Matsushita (Panasonic) purhased Sanyo in 2011 and closed both SANYO and FISHER. Anything FISHER after 2011 is generally cheap Asian Junk, like Sansui, and a few others as the names are owned by holding Co's and licensed for use.
 
I Just picked up a Fisher Model 143 92512700. I have to say an excellent piece, Very well made and a cool 70's blue dial plate. I recapped and cleaned it up, looks awesome and just as! One problem, when I was lining up the dial I messed up the dial cord and I need to restring it....not fun. Any one have a service manual for this Gimmy?

That's real purty! I'll bet if you go to hifiengine and look at the manuals for later model Fisher receivers and even the music center systems you'll find a tuner string diagram that pertains to your unit. That basic Fisher / Sanyo / Sears line was very popular in the late 70's and I'm sure many different models used the same basic tuning section. Good luck with it and don't be discouraged, restringing the tuner isn't as hard as it looks (especially when you have the diagram).
 
Back
Top Bottom