• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sears Audio by Fisher

Thanks for the tip audiojones, i managed to get it re-strung without the diagram...time and patience did the trick. That unit sounds every bit as good as my Sherwood S-7100A. Low wattage but very full and rich..
 
I know this is old; however, my two cents says it looks like a Fisher RS-1056. Push button instead of switches, but the layout is the same.
 
I Just picked up a Fisher Model 143 92512700. I have to say an excellent piece, Very well made and a cool 70's blue dial plate. I recapped and cleaned it up, looks awesome and just as! One problem, when I was lining up the dial I messed up the dial cord and I need to restring it....not fun. Any one have a service manual for this Gimmy?
Hey, I know this is a pretty old thread but did you ever find a service manual or owners manual for this. It’s still going strong but would love more info on this.
 
Sears service data in 1993 was all on microfiche. I worked at a Sears Service Center at that time down in MaryEster,Florida.
 
Hey, I know this is a pretty old thread but did you ever find a service manual or owners manual for this. It’s still going strong but would love more info on this.

Mid to late 70s Sanyo or Fisher receivers should be pretty close. the "143" before the decimal point in the model number indicates the vendor number. In this case it refers to Sanyo..

I worked for Sears from 1984 to 2004
 
Not all Sanyo Fisher was crap, it's really odd but they put some decent marketing muscle behind the boomboxes and stereo microcassette lines and made some nicer models. I think I have most of the microcassette line of portables including the PH-M20, the PH-25, and the two kangaroo boomboxes (boomboxes with plug in tape units), M-88 and M-x66, there might be some more I'm forgetting. Some of these were the cream of the crop for stereo microcassette, some had Sanyo Versions for other world markets, but most were branded Fisher. I think Sears went with Sharp for stereo microcassette found in their two TV/Boombox/with plug in stereo microcassette tape unit

I've bought some Sears LXI Mini Systems by Sanyo, they fly under the radar and are nice beefy little units. If you can get a full stack for cheap they make nice desk top stereos and can even get decently loud. They definately look nice and would be similar to the AIWA 22 Series. I've never run across Fisher by Sears, by the early 80's USA Fisher was #1 for flimsy all-in-one systems, every girl owned one and it was the beginning of the end for the golden age of stereo.

I love zombie threads, it just shows how much interest there is in all of this equipment.
 
Not all Sanyo Fisher was crap, it's really odd but they put some decent marketing muscle behind the boomboxes and stereo microcassette lines and made some nicer models. I think I have most of the microcassette line of portables including the PH-M20, the PH-25, and the two kangaroo boomboxes (boomboxes with plug in tape units), M-88 and M-x66, there might be some more I'm forgetting. Some of these were the cream of the crop for stereo microcassette, some had Sanyo Versions for other world markets, but most were branded Fisher. I think Sears went with Sharp for stereo microcassette found in their two TV/Boombox/with plug in stereo microcassette tape unit

I've bought some Sears LXI Mini Systems by Sanyo, they fly under the radar and are nice beefy little units. If you can get a full stack for cheap they make nice desk top stereos and can even get decently loud. They definately look nice and would be similar to the AIWA 22 Series. I've never run across Fisher by Sears, by the early 80's USA Fisher was #1 for flimsy all-in-one systems, every girl owned one and it was the beginning of the end for the golden age of stereo.

I love zombie threads, it just shows how much interest there is in all of this equipment.
I really love this little Fisher/Sanyo receiver. I know it’s not TOTL but is making a nice little backup stereo until my better ones get recapped. Someone on here said it’s only 35 watts but seems like more and it really does!
 

Attachments

  • DF230F66-E2C3-4710-AE75-3D60A1D83752.jpeg
    DF230F66-E2C3-4710-AE75-3D60A1D83752.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom