• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sherlock

ducati_EL34

Addicted Member
Who has been keeping up with the latest season?

I really like the direction they have taken.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Register to hide this ad
Watched the final episode for this season last night on PBS for Roku. I love this show. Everything is well done from acting, camera work, editing, music, etc. Wish there were more than 3 episodes per year. Still, each one is like a movie and it keeps the quality at a fairly high level.
 
The family insisted on watching the 2nd one from this season twice.
That never happens.
We had to DVR the 3rd episode and haven't seen it yet.

It's interesting that the guy who plays Mycroft is one of the producers/writers.
 
Last edited:
No spoilers, please. I've recorded them all on my Media Center PC, but have not had the opportunity to watch them yet.

-D
 
Watched the final episode for this season last night on PBS for Roku. I love this show. Everything is well done from acting, camera work, editing, music, etc. Wish there were more than 3 episodes per year. Still, each one is like a movie and it keeps the quality at a fairly high level.

So you can see the most current season on Roku PBS?
 
I too just watched the last episode.

I wonder what plot arcs they will employ in the next season, they seem to have covered a lot of territory already.
 
I thought I'd give it another whirl this season - alas, I just can't get into this production of SH.

In my book, Jeremy Brett is the definitive SH to date.
 
The cast is perfect, the writing 70% at best. Imho first season was the best.
 
I find it a little too much with all the fancy computer graphics, etc. I don't like the Mycroft character - too petty and that is not the way Mycroft was in the stories.


This is the description given him by Holmes to Watson in, "The Adventure of the Greek Interpreter":

...he has no ambition and no energy. He will not even go out of his way to verify his own solutions, and would rather be considered wrong than take the trouble to prove himself right. Again and again I have taken a problem to him, and have received an explanation which has afterwards proved to be the correct one. And yet he was absolutely incapable of working out the practical points.

That sounds kind of like the way he is portrayed in this version of SH. :D


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Up until just now I didn't realize they were moving on with a Season 4. Yea! So many Brit series just kinda stop after a couple seasons. Usually just about the time I start to get into them. FWIW I don't find every episode to my liking but I like the cast in the roles.
 
I decided to watch this series because I enjoyed Benedict Cumberbatch's performance in The Last Enemy.
 
I just started watching season one, the last episode with the dominatrix has been the best so far but they have all been good to excellent.
 
I decided to watch this series because I enjoyed Benedict Cumberbatch's performance in The Last Enemy.

Absolutely! That was my first intro to him, then we saw War Horse, and Sherlock Season 1, Season 2, Star Trek, etc ...
 
Back
Top Bottom