• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Shinall AFS-2 loudspeakers San Antonio $1000

Mingo

stranger in a strange land
Subscriber
These were posted yesterday on FB Marketplace. New one to me so I'm not sure if it's a fair deal or an optimistic seller. It looks like quality work.


1790653858912.png

Facebook
 

Attachments

  • 1790654096408.png
    1790654096408.png
    566.8 KB · Views: 45
Register to hide this ad
I knew a guy with those (KKS-1 in the pictured brochure). I think he flirted with the idea of selling them for $6000, but ended up keeping them as his forever speakers. I have no idea if that was the going rate or a number he pulled out of his butt.

I recall them as being somewhat awe inspiring (he preferred to listen at high volume).

Unfortunately, he was a smoker and forever ended up being a lot less than it should have been.

Assuming good condition I wouldn't hesitate at that price.
 
Last edited:
Interesting thread - it looks like folks got pretty worked up about Shinall and his speakers. Like folks in the thread, I wonder what drivers and crossover they have.

If I had the room, I'd check them out.
yeah, then mellowed out on him and his speakers after realizing he was doing it, in essence, with pwk’s blessing. could be amazing for $1k.
 
Last edited:
The seller said that he has not 'opened up the back' of the speakers and doesn't know anything about the drivers. I would want to know as a seller, buyer, or owner.
 
Selenium ST-300 tweeter.

"Pro systems" mid.

Pyle woofer, but I don't know the model.

If I were local, I think I'd buy it just for the experience.

Wonder if he would deliver to California!

I hate geographic barriers.
 
Last edited:
Selenium ST-300 tweeter.

"Pro systems" mid.

Pyle woofer, but I don't know the model.

If I were local, I think I'd buy it just for the experience.

Wonder if he would deliver to California!

I hate geographic barriers.

Thanks for the info. It is tempting, but I have no room for another set of big speakers, and I have doubts about being able to recoup the investment.

My search skills must be failing me, where did you find the information?
 
Back
Top Bottom