• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Shine on You Crazy Diamond. Official Pink Floyd Thread.

My PF journey started in a trailer with an experience that Three Dog Night would make a hit out of.. Ummagumma was played, and so it started. IMHO this is the best show/recording of the Ummagumma era. I have several recordings of this, from early 80's multi gen cass to this which I believe is the best.
View attachment 3313897
View attachment 3313898
View attachment 3313896
Pink Floyd Live at the Concertgebouw Amsterdam, Netherlands
September 17, 1969

David Gilmour - g, voc
Roger Waters - b, voc
Rick Wright - keys
Nick Mason - dr

The complete soundboard source as recorded by Hilversum 3 Radio.
Taken from liberated FRP bootleg "Complete Concertgebouw."


Tracklisting:
Disc One 1. The Man - I. Introduction 1:00
2. The Man - II. Daybreak 8:11
3. The Man - III. Work 3:53
4. The Man - IV. Teatime 3:34
5. The Man - V. Afternoon 5:13
6. The Man - VI. Doing It 4:03
7. The Man - VII. Sleep 4:37
8. The Man - VIII. Nightmare 9:14
9. The Man - IX. Daybreak Pt.2 1:21

Disc Two 1. The Journey -
I. The Beginning 4:55
2. The Journey - II. Beset By The Creatures Of The Deep 6:26
3. The Journey - III. The Narrow Way 5:12
4. The Journey - IV. The Pink Jungle 4:47
5. The Journey - V. The Labyrinths Of Auximenes 6:38
6. The Journey - VI. Behold The Temples Of Light 5:31
7. The Journey - VII. The End Of The Beginning 6:54


Don't sell. Thanks to Free Range Pig and Radio Hilversum for this one. Trade only. Enjoy!

​

I too started with listening to Ummagumma on 8-track at a 'black light' party
 
Haven't been around much lately but I haven't forgotten about this site or thread. Any of you have any experience with Burning Shed? I was looking around on it yesterday and I see they have loads of PF shows for sale but they don't give any info about if they are soundboards or audience. They aren't to expencive untill you add the postage from England then they aren't so cheap. It would be nice to know what I'm getting before laying out the cash.
PS I have a PF boot from a tour before Dark Side was released but they played the whole LP. The guy who recorded it said it was fantastic...but it wasn't :(
 
Haven't been around much lately but I haven't forgotten about this site or thread. Any of you have any experience with Burning Shed? I was looking around on it yesterday and I see they have loads of PF shows for sale but they don't give any info about if they are soundboards or audience. They aren't to expencive untill you add the postage from England then they aren't so cheap. It would be nice to know what I'm getting before laying out the cash.
PS I have a PF boot from a tour before Dark Side was released but they played the whole LP. The guy who recorded it said it was fantastic...but it wasn't :(

The quality will be really good, they don't sell rubbish. I haven't bought an PF material but did start with them in around 2008 with Steven Wilson's Insurgentes album. I've bought a couple of more Wilson albums and some King Crimson remasters. All have been top quality and always seem to come with a few extras. Their mailing list is incredible. You can usually find box & limited edition sets for the original price that are being flipped for double on eBay & DISCOGS.

If you're lucky they may include a KScope sampler, worth the price of postage alone.

So in short, I think you will be very happy. I know I have been.
 
Back
Top Bottom