• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show me your HORNS!!!

Those are friggin' fantabulous! Man...

Thanks Redboy. Here's a couple construction pics... Front baffles are 1.25" veneer core. The corners are solid Mahogany and almost 4" think. The cabinets are well braced and solid as a brick.. These were meant to be prototype cabinets. I got a little carried away... :D

I have begun work on the next version in Walnut and Curly Maple... I am thinking they'll look nice too..
 

Attachments

  • DSC03110.jpg
    DSC03110.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC03179.jpg
    DSC03179.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:
There is a certain irony in this photo...the horns and the delicacy of the china cabinet. Is it live or is it Memorex?

Last but not least, the newest horns in the family.....

CIMG7998.jpg
 
Man, you guys have some killer horns!!!


Electrovoice Regency's 1956

IMG_0284.jpg


Early 60's JBL C40 Harkness

IMG_1679.jpg
 
Last edited:
Thanks Redboy. Here's a couple construction pics... Front baffles are 1.25" veneer core. The corners are solid Mahogany and almost 4" think. The cabinets are well braced and solid as a brick.. These were meant to be prototype cabinets. I got a little carried away... :D

I have begun work on the next version in Walnut and Curly Maple... I am thinking they'll look nice too..
Beautiful work again. :yes: What type of wood did you use for the main walls of the cabinet?
 
Thought you'd never ask. :D MantaRay, Traktrix, all fun.

M500 Maestro , SpeakerLab 7, Klipsch RF-7 ,
Klipsch Model H; very early-- cast K1000 mids, mil-spec oil caps, no port.
"H" later became known as...

"Misty"... Ella Fitzgerald is smooth and soulfull on these right now.
HornGroup2.jpg
ModelH-tag.jpg


ModelHinside1-55.jpg




.
 
Last edited:
I LOVE HORNS!

hey can anyone recognize what brand the metal ones seen in there own box on the first setup are? I kept the old horns in my rig because I love how they look and they sure sound good, theres no markings on the inside or anything... got them from a theatre then made the boxes for them and have had them on the road for a while now

Also have some bass bins here


picture.php

picture.php

(Close up of the metal horns)
picture.php

picture.php


picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
 
I LOVE HORNS!

hey can anyone recognize what brand the metal ones seen in there own box on the first setup are? I kept the old horns in my rig because I love how they look and they sure sound good, theres no markings on the inside or anything... got them from a theatre then made the boxes for them and have had them on the road for a while now

Now that's an easy question.. They're OMGIELIH TID Horns. (OMG, It's Effin Loud In Here, Turn It Down) horns.

:music: <- Those aren't headphones, they're hearing protectors.

Any questions? :D
 
Forgive the mess, have had two shoulder surgeries since we moved into the new house so I've not been able to do much but.....

Front pair of Cornerhorns with EV HP9040 mid horns and EV T350 tweeters.

Rear pair of Cornerhorns with same mid horns and wave aperture tweeters.

Who needs a subwoofer????
 

Attachments

  • DSCF4506.jpg
    DSCF4506.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCF4519.jpg
    DSCF4519.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 149
I know one thing that surprised me regarding a horn was the size of the JBL 2447J driver on the mid horn in my SR4732s. Damn near the size of a dinner plate and roughly 25 pounds.
 
Back
Top Bottom