• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show me your HORNS!!!

Little ones in the ever changing Sansui SP3000's.

Think the 6" mid will be dropped out next and let the PP15's run up to 2K where the horn would take over.

picture.php
 
Here's one of them. The room is too small to get both in the shot. Acoustically small too, I know, I know... But I like what they do and the way they sound. EV HP4020s with DH1A-16 drivers.
 

Attachments

  • bigger.jpg
    bigger.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 151
S2k & Air

My favorite horns behind the grill one to the right, red, and one to the left also red:

S2000 and Harbor Freight Air Horns
 

Attachments

  • Air Horns 1.jpg
    Air Horns 1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 87
Can't help but wonder if these came from where I think they came from.

Welp, it depends on from where you think they came :scratch2:

Odds are, not what you're thinking (or is suspecting a better word :D)

I got them off ebay. Came from a theater in Ocala Florida. I paid $199 TOTAL for the both of them in working condition.

They do however, have the incorrect driver in them. They do not have Klipsch K43's or K33's but rather a RCF driver.

http://www.usspeaker.com/rcf - L15P200ak-1.htm

Fortunately, there is a guy on the Klipsch forum (thank you Speakerfritz!) who has a pair of K43's and has an interest in these drivers for another project he's working on.

Seeing as it was HIS eyeballs that first brought this ebay listing to my attention, I wanted him to have first crack at these drivers so we're going to swap them out.

Hopefully he'll get them out soon and I can have them in time for a 4'th of July 90'th birthday party for my wifes uncle.

I've already got them up/running and they sound pretty good....but these are 8 ohm drivers and I need 4 ohm. My understanding is that can screw up the performance of the drivers somehow? (over my head)
 
Sadly. .these are the only horns I have left..

attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php


OH WAIT!!!! I do remember.. I do have my JBL 075 Tweets, which are KIND of like a horn, and I do have a pair of horns in my Community MVP15's Sorry though... no pictures..
 
Altec "mini A-7" mono built-in.

I just finished re-working this one. It's a built-in cabinet in my office incorparated in to my equipment shelving. I originally built it out of parts from a scrapped Valenica cabinet saving the front. But I just re-did the low-freq driver in the VOT style. I kept everything looking "utility grade", which I always loved about the old A-7's and such.

I still need to add some screws to the top, but I just gave it a brief listen and the bass is much better now. It usally runs with a C-4, MC-30, and Empire TT. But all of that is down for freshening at the moment, so I just hooked up one channel of my stereo system and played a few mono Lp's. 50's jazz in true mono can be sublime!

temp-altec-%20002.JPG


temp-altec-%20003.JPG
 
My new horns

I bought these wood horns from a popular auction site ... and then I bought a pair of selenium drivers from partsexpress .... and honestly ... it's effin amazing. So forward ... so live ... I had no idea that horns could make music come to life so much.
 

Attachments

  • L1110900.jpg
    L1110900.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 140
  • L1110901.jpg
    L1110901.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 110
  • L1110905.jpg
    L1110905.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 107
I bought these wood horns from a popular auction site ... and then I bought a pair of selenium drivers from partsexpress .... and honestly ... it's effin amazing.

Thems look amazing. I have a set of Yamaha radial horns that I always wanted to replicate with wood; fun stuff to think about.
 
What an absolutely fun ass thread....:yes:

I am picking these up today...:smoke:
 

Attachments

  • 1277163242.jpg
    1277163242.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 122
  • 1277163243.jpg
    1277163243.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 1277163244.jpg
    1277163244.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 239
Back
Top Bottom