• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

These are my first Sony and also my first separates; Sony TA-2000F preamp and TA-3200F power amp. After doing extensive research on the AK forums, I got them a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier!View attachment 3655722
Congrats!
I bought a 3200F cheap years ago due some previous "restoring". :rolleyes:
It took some time and effort, but it turned out nice in the end.
I really liked the features on that amp. I intended on getting a 2000F preamp, but the cost even back then was pretty high for that preamp.
 
Congrats!
I bought a 3200F cheap years ago due some previous "restoring". :rolleyes:
It took some time and effort, but it turned out nice in the end.
I really liked the features on that amp. I intended on getting a 2000F preamp, but the cost even back then was pretty high for that preamp.
Thank you!
I was surprised at how powerful that 3200F is. With my Infinitys, anything above 11 o’clock on the preamp volume is painfully loud. It is rated at 130W per channel into 4ohm but it sounds much louder than my previous 140W/ch A/V receiver.
 
6652ed67-6a7e-44b4-b494-375d75f24c62.jpg

A7 with 100-400mm telephoto.
 
Did someone write CDP-X111ES? :)

I'm using this infrequently. Circa 1991, it sounds very close to the modern DAC in my WiiM Pro Plus, using an A/B listening test (Sony analog => pre vs. Sony digital => WiiM => pre).

Then there's the TA-F444ES II integrated amp, circa 1990 (I've helpfully listed it for sale here, fully rehabbed). Sounds great to my ears.

Thanks!
Tim
 

Attachments

  • 20251222_172851.jpg
    20251222_172851.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20251222_173146.jpg
    20251222_173146.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 20
Did someone write CDP-X111ES? :)

I'm using this infrequently. Circa 1991, it sounds very close to the modern DAC in my WiiM Pro Plus, using an A/B listening test (Sony analog => pre vs. Sony digital => WiiM => pre).

Then there's the TA-F444ES II integrated amp, circa 1990 (I've helpfully listed it for sale here, fully rehabbed). Sounds great to my ears.

Thanks!
Tim
It's a decent CD player. Was my second unit, purchased back in 2001 at a Seattle area Value Village for $10, plus tax. Used it through 2015 or 2016, before it started having issues with reading discs. Moved it to a second system in 2006 or so, when I started using the X222ES in my signature. That one works fine, but could use a new belt for the CD drawer. I am keeping my eyes peeled for an X339ES, though.


Downstairs system up close... Two ES components, two non-ES components. Once TV is swapped out with a Sony Bravia unit (currently using a Samsung that likes to drop its wi-fi connection), will probably place that on the mantle, then move the turntable to the top of the cabinet, so it can have a dust cover in place. Will also hunt down a BDP-S5000ES to go under the STR-DA5300ES. Then, only the tape decks will be in the bottom part of the cabinet.
 
TA-1120A
IMG_6723.jpg
Edit to add information:
I inherited this from a relative who passed away in 2024. Pretty sure he has owned since new. He was only into classical music, so I think it's had a gentle life.

Had some noise in both channels, so I replaced all the electrolytic capacitors with new Elna's on the pre-amp and power amp boards. Small values were replaced with Wima film capacitors. It's still running the original chassis mount capacitors, but replacements for those should arrive this week.

Sounds pretty amazing at this point so far.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom