• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show Us Your Sonys!!!

Hello Yamaha B2,
Thank you for your offer concerning the Nichicon NR series caps for TA-N7B. I'm interested by 4 (four) pieces. If I understood, Stoffie is also interested. So we can maybe share the shipping cost to Europe ?
Perfectly OK with me. You and Kristof should talk and decide where I would ship them (Benelux or France). I'm awaiting final pricing on +/-10% values before placing the order, so price may go up a bit. I'll let you know.
 
Sony TA-N7B - Sad News

The TA-N7B arrived in good physical shape at EW's and he has given it quick check. Seems we have a less than honest seller. Three of the VFETs are bad. If anyone can help, need to find the following:

2x 2SK60 rank JG-25
1x 2SJ18 rank JC-26

Believe that rankings can vary up or down by 1 and still match up OK.

Thanks. Let's get this TA-N7B singing again.
 
Sad news indeed, the only way to handle that is to squeeze the seller until he gives a (small) refund ...

Does anybody know, if 120mm capacitors fit into the TA-N7B without removing the capacitor cap ? I´m not 100 % sure. Otherwise I would be on the list with eight pieces.

My most recent updates:

- TA-E900 (I'll restore that one until it's in museum grade condition)
- B-2 (more on it in the Yamaha thread)
- SE-P900 (Nudies to come)
- Wega V4810 in the XXX rare "PRO" version with 19" rack housing along with it´s compatible Tuner

The Wega is IMO the most uncommon V-FET amplifier.

The serial number of the TA-E900 is US model number seven (!!!)
It was sold by SONY in Germany and came with an original SONY 110V step down transformer (In meantime the transformer got a new housing). The units, which were sold later were 220V indeed. I'd bet that this was the very first unit exported to continental Europe. :banana:
ST-5000FW, TA-8650, TA-E900, B-2, V4810 PRO all in near mint to mint condition and all within one month ... It's really unbelievable, I´m so happy :banana:
Let's hope my bank account will recover some day ...

EDIT: Take a look on the new "granite" base for my PS-8750, isn´t it nice ?! :D
 

Attachments

  • New Setup1.jpg
    New Setup1.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 89
  • New Setup2.jpg
    New Setup2.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 76
  • New Setup3.jpg
    New Setup3.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 98
  • V4810_1.JPG
    V4810_1.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 113
  • T4710.JPG
    T4710.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 88
Beautiful gear, Mirko. :ntwrthy::tresbon::thmbsp::banana::yikes:

I don't know where you guys come up with this stuff. Think that V4810 is the most elegant of the Sony VFET gear. Is the tuner the same as the A7B?
 
Hello Axel :wave:

Glenn: The Tuner is internally identical to the ST-4950

Anybody else who lost his breath ... ? :D

C'mon guys, I just posted pictures of the ultimate SONY setup :screwy: and nobody has a :ntwrthy:, :tresbon:, :thmbsp: or :yikes: for me ?

Anybody ?
 
:tresbon: :thmbsp: :drool: :yikes:

I almost dropped my pants seeing all of that wonderful gear Mirko!

I think I need more pics now to recover :D

Man I am so coming over some day! (have the police ready :D)

Is that WEGA a TA-4650 or TA-5650 dressed up ?

Are those Nippon Chemicon caps that were included in my N7 service kit 120mm ? (don't really remember). If so, then yeah they fit without removing the cap ! I do know there was some headroom with the old caps, and even with the new ones because they actually sunk in a bit.
 
Please feel invited !

Why calling the police, I have something more efficient:
A big angry beast (named Cerberus) ... Ahem, sorry Mum !!!

The Wega amp is a TA-5650. I once saw an auction of that "PRO" version, where the seller pretended it is a TA-8650, but unfortunately it has half the weight of the latter ... hmmm ... but it is huge ... a real pretender ...

To be honest I don´t see any serious application for a 2x50Wpc V-FET integrated amplifier in a professional setup. Perhaps it was only introduced, because 19" HiFi racks were "en vogue" at these days.
 
How about a close-up of that PS-8750 granite base. Always interested in some of the European 'lightweight' granite so it doesn't crush the gear it is sitting on.
 
Hi Mirko

First of all here is my :tresbon::jawdrop::ntwrthy::yikes:

And what about your TA8650 ?
I have seen one TA8650 on Ebay 2 or 3 weeks ago. But if I remember the speakers connexions were modified and the seller did not mentionned VFETs so I found that very stange !!!
Few days after the end of this auction the seller's ID became private ...
 
Glenn, please take a look on a closeup of the "Granite" base:

Did you get now my subtle German humor ... ?

... Ok call me a snob ... :smoke:

EDIT:

Hi Patrick, that´s the one I bought. It´s nearly mint externally, but inside there was a nice collection of sand and marks of water. The modified terminals are no problem for me, since I wanted to "frankenstein" it a little bit anyway with my other TA-8650, which is internally mint and also has a mint back panel. Surprisingly the amp works perfectly, even the V-FET bias was still in spec etc., but nevertheless the seller didn´t say anything about the poor interior condition, so I could convince him to give me a significant rebate.
How it is going with your TA-N7B, still working fine for you ?
 

Attachments

  • Granite Base.JPG
    Granite Base.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 79
Very nice Mirko and where are the mines for this granite...

If you have still some money on your bank account there is an other SONY Esprit unit on E..y at this moment : TA-E901 (n°270154634914)

My TA-N7 is in perfect condition and I'm using it every day since december.
 
I have to admit, that the TA-E901 is already on my radar. I will probably need it for the refurbisment of my TA-E900, as a "mint mechanical parts" donator.
For some unknown reason this one (it has a characteristic mark) was sold about 5 times over the last few weeks, by the same seller (???). I don´t know why. The seller seems to be reliable.

My bank account is now over the limit, but I don´t care.

EDIT: Stoffie, the caps in my kit are 105mm.
 
Correct, at least on my picture ... :D

I would even like the idea, my PS-8750 could be based on a mint MX-10000, CX-10000, CDX-10000 stack, but that´s for my next live as a Russian Oil Magnate ... :D
 
Back
Top Bottom