• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Show us your Technics stuff

my one and only,but she's a classic



P1000495_zpsccf99bf7.jpg

Beautiful beast
 
Technics SU-3200, ST-3200, SL-P500

Matching amplifier/tuner set from the mid 1970's. SL-7 turntable off to the left hand side. Many many thanks to Baily (SVI2004A) for bringing the SL-P500 CD player back to life!! This setup is in one of our main rooms and pushes a set of Mordaunt-Short Pageant 2 speakers very nicely. Amp is missing one of the original switch covers :(

SU-3200_zps4bb109ec.jpg
 
Matching amplifier/tuner set from the mid 1970's. SL-7 turntable off to the left hand side. Many many thanks to Baily (SVI2004A) for bringing the SL-P500 CD player back to life!! This setup is in one of our main rooms and pushes a set of Mordaunt-Short Pageant 2 speakers very nicely. Amp is missing one of the original switch covers :(

SU-3200_zps4bb109ec.jpg

looks really nice :thmbsp:
 
Technics ST-X999L Tuner & Technics SU-X999 Amp.

Just recently upgraded my late 80's (maybe very early 90's) Technics midi system with a TOTL ST-X999L tuner to go with it's matching SU-X999 amplifier.

paulb007-15.jpg
[/IMG]
 
Technics RS-1500 Reel To Reel.

Just recently purchased this Technics RS-1500,have fancied one for quite a while now.They seem to be very rare here in the UK,hence seldom come up for sale.
It works 100%,but needs some attention to make it look better (new wood panels,also a couple of parts) will be with me early next week,can't wait to give it a good clean up,will post a better pic when it arrives :)


KGrHqJqIFCCyVMYTmBQo9ccRFiw60_12.jpg
[/IMG]
KGrHqJlYFB-o9cvgBQo9cEu60_12.jpg
[/IMG]
T2eC16Nw0E9szNmn7BQo9dlDYEw60_12.jpg
[/IMG]
 
paulb012-10.jpg
[/IMG]
paulb011-6.jpg
[/IMG]

You are threading the tape incorrectly. It needs to go over the tensioners on top, down through the guides and then between the pinch rollers and capstan. It's easy to snap it as you threaded it when stopping from FF or REW.

BTW, you are missing the bearings and caps for the tension arms. A bit hard to find them on ebay but assemblies show up from time to time.
 
Yep,I just quickly placed the reels on for display purposes/photo.
With regards to the missing tension rollers,am trying to find something similar of the same size that will fit (might even have to try to make some custom ones),as finding the original Technics ones will be difficult to say the least.
I purchased it really cheap,because it needs a little time and effort spent on it,so far have managed to remove the paint etc that was on top of the cabinet,and have cleaned it all up.It works 100% and sounds just great.
 
After a lot of thought,I managed to find a couple of tiny smooth straight sided knobs of an old Technics SU-Z22 amp to use as tension rollers (these would be about the same size in diameter as the Technics tension rollers),used a tad of Blu-Tac inside each one,does the trick very nicely.
This Technics sounds excellent,infact the best I've heard a RTR sound.

paulb001-48.jpg
[/IMG]
paulb005-34.jpg
[/IMG]
 
Technics SL-1900
Technics SU-7700
Technics ST-7300
Technics SH-8020
Technics RS-631
Technics SL-PC705
 

Attachments

  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 73
Infomation about my setup??

Hi,
I just picked up a complete Technics system from the original purchaser, who thought that he had purchased the system "about 20 years ago." The system that I have is a Technics cabinet with a glass door, 2 SB-A51 speakers, SU-G70 Amplifier, ST-K150 Tuner, SH-8017 Stereo Graphic Equalizer, RS-TR167 Dual Cassette Deck, SL-PC14 5-disc CD Player, and SL-BD27 Turntable. It came with all required cables and manuals for the CD player, the graphic equalizer, and the entire system composed of the other four components. The manual is labeled SD-310/SD-410 Technics Electronic Components Manual and describes the connections and operation of the entire system. I won't get into the cost as I think that the person gave me a VERY good price. The system is like new.

My questions for the group are: 1. Can anyone pinpoint the vintage a bit more accurately than "about 20 years?" 2. I assume this was a relatively low cost home system and thus moderately priced, but I'm just guessing. Anyone have an idea of what the original list prices of this stuff was (maybe an old catalog?)? 3. Finally, I have a dual 1257 turntable that I've been using. My guess is that the dual and this Technics turntable are about the same quality with respect to audio quality though the Dual seems a bit better made. Any comments on that?

Thanks.

Gerald Pine
 
Hi Gerald,

This is usually a good site for Technics info:
http://vintagetechnics.co.uk/
I checked it for your models though and the only one that they list is the SH-8017 sold between '89 and '96 for $89. They show the Sl-PC10 sold in '89 and the SL-PC15 in '90, so the 14 is probably about the same time.
Sounds like you got pretty decent complete system. Good listening!
 
Back
Top Bottom