• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Shure cartridge id please

That's the opposite now, correctomundo?

I said Shure never put their brand on product not manufactured by them.

That's different than manufacturing product on which others put their brand.

Doug


And even there, in regards to Shure and Radio Shack, it's not quite right. Tandy never hid the fact they sold Shure cartridges under the Realistic name. In fact it was a selling point to the extent that the Shure name was on every cartridge and replacement stylus, front and center.

So they were technically not "rebranded" units.

I'm in a splitting hairs kind of mood. :D
 
It is a Sanyo, made by whoever made their carts--may have even been Nagaoka, who could be considered the CEC of Japanese carts.

Yup, the MG-09(D) probably is one of the earliest of the numerous incarnations of that thingy. From the looks of the needle I'd rather assume it to be an Azden/Japan Piezo design, though.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
 
I think these are two different cartridges. The Numark Groove Tool/Ion iCT04 doesn't look much at all like the Red Ed/Goldring Elektra.

True. I've heard both referred to as Sanyos in the past but they're actually quite different in appearance and construction.

Groove Tool

Red Ed

John
 
Old thread revived.

Finally, I know. It is an Ion iCT04 cartridge that is made in the Japan. I doubt Ion makes cartridges so it is probably farmed out. Its clues are the point of origin and the shape of the belly. I suspect who the maker is but I have no proof: I am still sniffing out clues. If the maker is who I suspect, I thought they stopped making cartridges back it the mid-‘80s. That is why I gave my second guess, the wrong guess, as Sanyo. Definitely not Sanyo: I have the MG-29E in hand. No surprise that Lini has the right answer.

If you still have it, hang on to it. Its internals could turn out to be quite special. I may have something really good to tell later but for now I am testing its possible brother; the Numark GT.
 
My error. It is a Ion iCT04/Numark Groove Tool. I now own one. It's a pretty good cartridge for not much money. Great for 45 singles and mono and early Stereo discs.
 
Back
Top Bottom