• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Skyfall

prisoners

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Finally watched this...easily the best of the recent Bond films and maybe the best ever. Daniel Craig is a great 007 and an excellent actor.

I also watched the documentary 'Everything Or Nothing' about the history of the franchise. It's a great recounting of the producers and thier relationship with Ian Fleming and the men who played Bond. Must-see for fans of the genre.
 
Register to hide this ad
I've been thinking of giving it another try. I really didn't like it the first time. Just seemed to forced.
 
Funny, I watched Casino Royale again last night. It's been a few years since I first saw it and I liked it much better the second time. A big part of that is seeing Craig in other films and appreciating him more as an actor. He's very good.
 
After the reboot in Casino Royale (which is my favorite Fleming book and a very good movie), I didn't see why we needed another reboot with Skyfall.
 
I view each Bond film as it's own story. I never really consider any of them as prequels or sequels. A case can be made as such, but I think the better ones can stand alone.
 
'Casino Royale' is the better film, IMO. ...Out of the last three 007

'Quantum of Solace' is part two of Casino, the worst part.

And 'Skyfall' is Adele's song. :cool:
 
Can't stand Daniel Craig as Bond - he is just a whiney mama's boy in this film. It WAS his best effort but that is not saying much. And also the tailoring done in the movie, on his suits, is awlful - pulling in the shoulder, not draped right, short sleeves compared to shirt cuffs. Sorry, he is NO BOND!!!

I think he beats the hell out of Roger Moore, Dalton and Lazenby's Bonds.
I was spoiled - no one is Connery. But with that said, Craig is not doing Connery,
he's a new take on the role and is doing great - that whole parkour sequence at the start of Casino is marvelous -
as was sinking the building in Venice with Vesper, and the Skyfall shootout sequence.

Tho I wasn't impressed with Quantum, I do look forward to the next film in the series.
 
I think he beats the hell out of Roger Moore, Dalton and Lazenby's Bonds.
I was spoiled - no one is Connery. But with that said, Craig is not doing Connery,
he's a new take on the role and is doing great - that whole parkour sequence at the start of Casino is marvelous -
as was sinking the building in Venice with Vesper, and the Skyfall shootout sequence.

Tho I wasn't impressed with Quantum, I do look forward to the next film in the series.

What did you think of Brosnan? I thought he could pull off any of the Craig scripts if they would let him do it straight, not with all the crap/comedy that he had to put up with. Brosnan asked for more character growth but that just didn't happen. I do realize he had grown "old" for the character as they wanted and maybe needed a younger person, but now Craig looks like he's aging rapidly too.

That said, I did like Skyfall as a changing of the guard picture with everything of the old franchise being essentially jettisoned. But it was good to see it all too one more time.
 
The difference I've seen in the old and new Bond movies are......

Back when I was a kid, we would all see the Connery, Bond movies and go home wanting to be a Secret agent when you grew up. Or be one now if you were grown.

You go see a Craig, Bond movie and go away thinking, Hell no! No way I would want to do that.
 
Can't stand Daniel Craig as Bond - he is just a whiney mama's boy in this film. It WAS his best effort but that is not saying much. And also the tailoring done in the movie, on his suits, is awlful - pulling in the shoulder, not draped right, short sleeves compared to shirt cuffs. Sorry, he is NO BOND!!!

Can't disagree with a word of what you wrote. And you know I have posted at length about the sartorial tragedy of this movie.

What I really don't get about Skyfall is the fact that they made him old and burned out. I thought the whole point of Craig is that he was the younger and hipper Bond. So we should get a 20 year old next?

Worst looking Bond suit ever. Including Roger Moores leisure suits!

Skyfall-Suit-1024x682.jpg
 
Last edited:
The difference I've seen in the old and new Bond movies are......

Back when I was a kid, we would all see the Connery, Bond movies and go home wanting to be a Secret agent when you grew up. Or be one now if you were grown.

You go see a Craig, Bond movie and go away thinking, Hell no! No way I would want to do that.

Ain't that the truth! When did he stop being an aspirational character?
 
I didn't buy the "tired worn out Bond" thing, either, so maybe its why I never got emotionally caught up in the film like I did with Casino Royale. But I do like Craig as Bond.
 
Craig is my favorite Bond. Funny how we all see things differently. I do think he looked old in Skyfall however. I even commented on this to my wife. I don't think his looks bothered her at all.

cubdog
 
I have also come to see, the only difference between Connery, Craig, and myself, is that I would get hit by bullets. Of course that goes for Arnie, Sly and the rest of them.
 
I have also come to see, the only difference between Connery, Craig, and myself, is that I would get hit by bullets. Of course that goes for Arnie, Sly and the rest of them.

You must then be a very handsome guy and look good in a tux or tailored suit :thmbsp:
 
If nothing else, I'll credit the movies with Daniel Craig with steering us away from the increasingly cartoonish and superheroish aspects of what the movie franchise had become.
These movies reflect the world-weary and cynical time we live in.

Now a real reboot would be to do a Bond film set in the time of the early novels and to have Bond be like Fleming's original character. I for one would love to see a more true-to-source Goldfinger.
 
Back
Top Bottom