• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Some science to consider

do the lark's tongues have to be in aspic?
I never really appreciated the significance of Jamie Muir until recently. Now I find him and his approach to music (and life) fascinating.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Muir
Btw, Bill Bruford's autobiography contains an amusing anecdote about going to America for the release of Lark's Tongues In Aspic. He was picked up at the airport and the record company execs listened to the album for the first time on a cassette as they drove down a freeway. They were most definitely not blown away by it.
 
I never really appreciated the significance of Jamie Muir until recently. Now I find him and his approach to music (and life) fascinating.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamie_Muir
Btw, Bill Bruford's autobiography contains an amusing anecdote about going to America for the release of Lark's Tongues In Aspic. He was picked up at the airport and the record company execs listened to the album for the first time on a cassette as they drove down a freeway. They were most definitely not blown away by it.
I remember seeing King Crimson perform LTIA live on the Beeb before the LP was released. I can't say that I was impressed to say the least, but a friend at college loved it and after a few listens I grew to love it too.
 
I've always wondered why they decided to make the defacto speed exactly 1/3rd of 100 RPM?

Maybe someone already said this. (I didn't read every post.) It was based on the "off-the-shelf" gear ratios, and AC motors of the time, which ran at 3600 RPM. The math is in there somewhere.
 
Back
Top Bottom