• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Some teaser pics of a current Redboy project

First one of these I really looked at. Very clean and professionaly laid out and executed. I like the finish you decided to go w/. I'll be following this thread to completion. Good job Nate. CC
 
Brilliant!
I can see the "Nate-plate" becoming an industy standard for higher end tube amps.

If you are still thinking about additional finishing steps, the anodizing shop that is in Waconia (the one Denny mentioned that is close to Darren) can do any kind of anodizing at low price. In fact, I'm thinking about using them for some other parts and could add your plates into the order for no charge.
Also, Jeff has had good success with the powder coating folks in N. St. Paul. The crinkle finish on his F5 looks very nice. I don't know if that would work for a transformer but I'm sure those folks would know. Alternatively, if you are tired of Edcor blue, a spray can would take care of that in pretty short order.
Can't wait to see the outcome on this.
 
Oh, very nice Nate!

Do you anticipate a late March completion date? :naughty: By the way, I picked up a handful of in box 6BQ5 screened Setchell Carlson last weekend. They appear to be the "good" ones. If you need output tubes, it might be interesting to test and try them out in those when you get your amps done.

RC
 
Thanks for all the encouragement here, folks. I'm happy so far. Now, if I can just wire these things up properly I'll be much happier! :rolleyes:
 
Brilliant!
I can see the "Nate-plate" becoming an industy standard for higher end tube amps.

If you are still thinking about additional finishing steps, the anodizing shop that is in Waconia (the one Denny mentioned that is close to Darren) can do any kind of anodizing at low price. In fact, I'm thinking about using them for some other parts and could add your plates into the order for no charge.
Also, Jeff has had good success with the powder coating folks in N. St. Paul. The crinkle finish on his F5 looks very nice. I don't know if that would work for a transformer but I'm sure those folks would know. Alternatively, if you are tired of Edcor blue, a spray can would take care of that in pretty short order.
Can't wait to see the outcome on this.
Lance, we'll have to talk soon. I thought for a while about clear anodizing the plates so if you're considering clear for any of your work, we might need to add these to the order.

I've got some work for Jeff's guy to do, too. Different project. :)



Oh, very nice Nate!

Do you anticipate a late March completion date? :naughty: By the way, I picked up a handful of in box 6BQ5 screened Setchell Carlson last weekend. They appear to be the "good" ones. If you need output tubes, it might be interesting to test and try them out in those when you get your amps done.

RC
Ron, the goal is to have these things wrapped up in time to debut them at your gathering. :yes: And those tubes might be fun to roll!
 
I've got some work for Jeff's guy to do, too. Different project. :)

yep Nate has seen the work first hand. This amp should debut in the next week or so. Top plate and bells coated in a copper vein.

ampdryfit-s.jpg




Ron, the goal is to have these things wrapped up in time to debut them at your gathering. :yes: And those tubes might be fun to roll!

Maybe the 45 will be there.... although I do have a commitment until late afternoon. I'd also like to bring Indignias....
 
yep Nate has seen the work first hand. This amp should debut in the next week or so. Top plate and bells coated in a copper vein.

Maybe the 45 will be there.... although I do have a commitment until late afternoon. I'd also like to bring Indignias....


I sure hope so! I wasn't going to ask again because I was unsure of the status of them. Late should be fine. I don't think the last of the garage crew left until 2-3 in the morning last year. I have another pair of speakers now that might mate well with the 45 amp also. Yes on the Indignias :thmbsp: They fit right in with the intent of the day.
 
Glad this thread is still going, I hadnt seen it previously. Very timely as I am now building an Aluminum plate box for an F-5 project, and this answers a number of questions!

Nice work as usual!:yes:

Russellc
 
Nate, are you going to have a volume control on the amp? I just bought a bunch of really cool vintage Deca-Ware chicken head knobs. You're more than welcome to use a couple if you want.

Chicken head.jpg
 
Nate, are you going to have a volume control on the amp? I just bought a bunch of really cool vintage Deca-Ware chicken head knobs. You're more than welcome to use a couple if you want.
Thanks Denny, but no knobs on these amps. They'll just be simple power amps. I might have to find a way to incorporate some chicken heads into a project someday, if for no other reason than to make Jay happy... :)

:drool::ntwrthy:
Heh!
 
Say Redboy, what method did you use to bevel the openings of those smaller holes? Very clean.:yes:

russellc
 
Back
Top Bottom