• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Sony STR-6800 SD aux issue

I have the Sony STR-6800 SD and one channel is not working with using the AUX. Any thoughts of what I can do? phono works.
 
Register to hide this ad
Probably a dirty switch, try
-rocking the selector back and forth and not any sound improvement
-connect your source to another input eg, TAPE,,, any audio?
 
I use a phono preamp to connect the turntable then connect to the 'aux' rather than straight to the 'phono'. will tape work like aux?
 
This is the 6800 front

select the Aux or Tape 1 input
6800-front.png

I strongly suggest you utilize the Tape input until you gain the expertise to dissemble, and clean the switch.
The S-1 function switch is on the right side of this document.

(BTW, I love my 6800... Great Receiver.)

6800-front.png
 

Attachments

  • 6800-internal.png
    6800-internal.png
    291.6 KB · Views: 8
Just to be clear, your problem might be caused by dirty contacts in the function selector switch. Suggest try a different
input (= different switch contacts in play) like Tape 1. You can also try working the switch 20times, might give you some
improvement. If Tape works ok then live with it. If Tape 1 doesn't work then it's likely to be another switch.

Switch cleaning might be simple, If the switch is not sealed then you can use the magic spray etc as per the sticky. For an encased/closed switch you may need to unsolder then disassembly, this is a delicate task and easy to damage the little
sliders... so try to live with it.
upload_2020-10-7_16-16-7.png
 
Back
Top Bottom