• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Soundbars good or bad for audio world ?

@ultumax If I may offer some unsolicited advice. No disrespect intended. It would help us help you, if you stayed on topic in the threads that you start, wrote in complete sentences and checked your spelling. It's okay to review what you wrote before clicking on "Reply to Thread". Again, I'm not trying to be a thread cop. Just trying to help you out. :) :beerchug:

-Dave
 
After having a HT setup for years I found I didn't turn it up to theater levels and a Vizo soundbar made a lot of sense. It's a lot less hassle to setup sounds better than just decent it's unobtrusive. There's none of the HT clutter that I wouldn't use anyway plus stereo is more important anyway.


48600846622_81529871be_k.jpg
 
Last edited:
Interesting. I've tasted American brews; with a bit of work, some could almost be good. Which tastes better, that pilsner or the flea & tick dip?

This one is our oldest, 1829 I believe. All their beer taste like beer unlike the rest of our mass producted crap. Our normal big sellers (Bub light, Coors light, Miller light) are for people that don’t really like beer! The craft brew thing has been a God send!!!

I typically drink their Lager.
 
Last edited:
The craft brew thing has been a God send!!!
Abso-fookin'-lutely!

I'm fortunate to live in the safe haven of the UK's craft ale central, where some of our local pubs offer more than twenty different brews (and every pub has a different selection!) from the numerous local microbreweries. But lurking a mere twenty or so miles south is a veritable black hole of corporate mainstream furry-tongued retch-water, the main UK headquarters and brew-disgorgement factory of that vast diarrheic monster Molson-Coors, which seeks to wash the nation in a veritable tidal wave of lukewarm, soulless, artificial dilute of such a quality that their pale yellow inflow is, in the average human drinker, indistinguishable from the subsequent pale yellow outflow.

No offence to any of you who work for Molson-Coors of course; we all need to earn a crust. But still, I ask you: WTF?
 
Touch`e, Chief.
Or, if you were present, we could do a toast..
My favorite, from my father: "Confusion to the Enemy" !
View attachment 1603984

Thanks for the like, Dave..
BTW. That drink wasn`t related to any Flea/Tick dip, at least it didn`t seem related to any I remember smelling when I was once owned by a dog !!
I guess I`ll see how I feel in a few hours !!
But, in the tradition of FL; was in fact a "Burly Goat"(Girly Boat) drink concoction derived from my ever present Bartender`s Black Book, to help placate the unpleasant elevated summertime temperatures common to my 30ish degree Latitude, that my wonderful caregiver creates, sometimes with on the spot tasty enhancement modifications.. Yes !!
 
@ultumax If I may offer some unsolicited advice. No disrespect intended. It would help us help you, if you stayed on topic in the threads that you start, wrote in complete sentences and checked your spelling. It's okay to review what you wrote before clicking on "Reply to Thread". Again, I'm not trying to be a thread cop. Just trying to help you out. :) :beerchug:

-Dave
Maybe I should dust off the old English book and re learn grammar. Better yet go look for some at goodwill people donate books all the time .
I didn’t bring up the beer topic .
Sound-bars clearly save a ton of space , so in certain locations are the better choice .
The question is what soundbars are audiophile quality and which ones are junk trash ?
 
Maybe I should dust off the old English book and re learn grammar. Better yet go look for some at goodwill people donate books all the time .
I didn’t bring up the beer topic .
Sound-bars clearly save a ton of space , so in certain locations are the better choice .
The question is what soundbars are audiophile quality and which ones are junk trash ?

I can't stress enough that I meant no disrespect. I don't think that you need to relearn grammar. You just need to slow down a bit before posting and compose your thoughts. Threads tend to go askew when the OP goes off topic in their thread. I don't know which soundbars are audiophile quality. I came to this thread to learn something. There have been some informative posts here.

-Dave
 
Threads tend to go askew when the OP goes off topic in their thread

I agree as the topic of the thread is "Soundbars good or bad for for audio world" and the initial post was and now the question is (see below)

I am not a big fan of these but they clearly are the top selling fad now.............Will these help or just be another nail in the coffin of audio world .......Will it get more people into high end audio or will it further the demise of home theater .

The question is what soundbars are audiophile quality and which ones are junk trash ?
 
Good, everything has its place.
Yeah I guess I misunderstood there purpose which is too cheaply , or space saving on The premier expensive models .
  • In rooms that cannot fit a full sized surround or 2 ch system .
And are lightyears better then the tv speakers .
  1. There better for those who aren’t technology inclined enough to properly set up a5/7 channel system too .
  2. Good for those unable to carry full sized speakers .
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom