• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Southern California AK 2022 / 2023 Meet-up Info & RSVP

I talked to the wife and I think we can do it here in late Oct, early Nov. This would give people time to figure an exact date, figure out what we want to run and get anything together (hopefully), and the weather should be lots cooler. We can use the existing set-up in the living room, and add to it as desired, but the room won't accomodate a lot of people. The room is set up for testing equipment and speakers and can even do A/B/X with either/both line level and speaker level matching for speakers.

But, I could clear out the extended garage and we could also use that space.

80-dsc_0015_83074f069c34ee04792818bca0b84cf75edc89e1.jpg
80-dsc_0007_69409beeed87064ad242cebae7e2a858107c6978.jpg
80-dsc_0062_af1afa76867d03a24ee9ca26bdcba56ea57895f7.jpg
80-dsc_0005_6ab72795dea4ab8c01d615df31ea66a738902486.jpg

For the garage:
80-dsc_0004_368136c3145886627e2b4d9c18c55b673907133f.jpg
80-dsc_0005_5e03f2bcbd9cec312c37f6b12822fa4374d1a680.jpg
 
I talked to the wife and I think we can do it here in late Oct, early Nov. This would give people time to figure an exact date, figure out what we want to run and get anything together (hopefully), and the weather should be lots cooler. We can use the existing set-up in the living room, and add to it as desired, but the room won't accomodate a lot of people. The room is set up for testing equipment and speakers and can even do A/B/X with either/both line level and speaker level matching for speakers.

But, I could clear out the extended garage and we could also use that space.

80-dsc_0015_83074f069c34ee04792818bca0b84cf75edc89e1.jpg
80-dsc_0007_69409beeed87064ad242cebae7e2a858107c6978.jpg
80-dsc_0062_af1afa76867d03a24ee9ca26bdcba56ea57895f7.jpg
80-dsc_0005_6ab72795dea4ab8c01d615df31ea66a738902486.jpg

For the garage:
80-dsc_0004_368136c3145886627e2b4d9c18c55b673907133f.jpg
80-dsc_0005_5e03f2bcbd9cec312c37f6b12822fa4374d1a680.jpg
Ok, looks like we have an option then. Very cool of you Toddalin!
 
I talked to the wife and I think we can do it here in late Oct, early Nov. This would give people time to figure an exact date, figure out what we want to run and get anything together (hopefully), and the weather should be lots cooler. We can use the existing set-up in the living room, and add to it as desired, but the room won't accomodate a lot of people. The room is set up for testing equipment and speakers and can even do A/B/X with either/both line level and speaker level matching for speakers.

But, I could clear out the extended garage and we could also use that space.

80-dsc_0015_83074f069c34ee04792818bca0b84cf75edc89e1.jpg
80-dsc_0007_69409beeed87064ad242cebae7e2a858107c6978.jpg
80-dsc_0062_af1afa76867d03a24ee9ca26bdcba56ea57895f7.jpg
80-dsc_0005_6ab72795dea4ab8c01d615df31ea66a738902486.jpg

For the garage:
80-dsc_0004_368136c3145886627e2b4d9c18c55b673907133f.jpg
80-dsc_0005_5e03f2bcbd9cec312c37f6b12822fa4374d1a680.jpg
Thanks. Short of another medical issue, I'd be honored to attend.
 
Some mods to the Mermans. I never heard another system that sounds this "natural" and real. The imaging and soundstage are unreal and it is like having the musicans in the room. But I am certainly open to "contenders."

This is just a CD played on an Oppo95 through a Yamaha RX-Z9 RECEIVER in "Pure direct" mode. There is no eq or digital processing or room correction (electronic or acoustic) being used. This is recorded on a Nikon D750 SLR where I sit on the couch.

If anyone would like to come by and audition any of my, or their own equipment before we do this, just send me a message and we can make it happen. Bring your favorite CD (preferaly SACD) that you know all too well. I'm betting you'll hear stuff you've never noticed before. :music:

Did someone say "dynamics?"


 
Last edited:
Some mods to the Mermans. I never heard another system that sounds this "natural" and real. The imaging and soundstage are unreal and it is like having the musicans in the room. But I am certainly open to "contenders."

This is just a CD played on an Oppo95 through a Yamaha RX-Z9 RECEIVER in "Pure direct" mode. There is no eq or digital processing or room correction (electronic or acoustic) being used. This is recorded on a Nikon D750 SLR where I sit on the couch.

If anyone would like to come by and audition any of my, or their own equipment before we do this, just send me a message and we can make it happen. Bring your favorite CD (preferaly SACD) that you know all too well. I'm betting you'll hear stuff you've never noticed before. :music:

Did someone say "dynamics?"


Sounds amazing, even from here Toddalin! wow.
 
OK Guys, It's time to set a date!

We are looking at any Sat or Sun in October or November, except...,

I am busy on Sunday, Oct 8th (which may be too soon for some anyway), and Sunday, Nov 12th (Orange County Garden Railway meetings). Any other Sat or Sunday works for me.

If you are interested in attending, select 4 weekend days in this timeframe and we'll see what works best for the majority. We are located in Cowan Heights (the Unincorporated Hills above North Tustin), so if you can't make it to this locale, don't bother to respond.

Once we've established who's coming, we can decide what equipment they can bring. I have limited seating, but plenty of fare in the living room, with space for a bit more, and we can also clear out room in a garage if people want to bring stuff. This could then give people a chance to circulate between both venues reducing the crowd in either spot.
 
Last edited:
OK Guys, It's time to set a date!

We are looking at any Sat or Sun in October or November, except...,

I am busy on Sunday, Oct 8th (which may be too soon for some anyway), and Sunday, Nov 12th (Orange County Garden Railway meetings). Any other Sat or Sunday works for me.

If you are interested in attending, select 4 weekend days in this timeframe and we'll see what works best for the majority. We are located in Cowan Heights (the Unincorporated Hills above North Tustin), so if you can't make it to this locale, don't bother to respond.

Once we've established who's coming, we can decide what equipment they can bring. I have limited seating, but plenty of fare in the living room, with space for a bit more, and we can also clear out room in a garage if people want to bring stuff. This could then give people a chance to circulate between both venues reducing the crowd in either spot.
Ok, I am in. I can do any weekend in october. I will wait until this rounds out. Thanks Toddalin!!
 
I'd like to be part of this. I'm good any but the last weekend in Oct and the first and second weekends in Nov. I hope this works out! Thanks.
 
My Garden Railroad Club Meeting on the 8th just got changed to the 22nd, so that Sunday is out. Lets give this until after the weekend to see who else may want to attend. Meanwhile, I've found a way to remove the "edge" on the Heils. Enjoy on really good monitors or headphones.

This is an SACD played on an Oppo95 through a Yamaha RX-Z9 RECEIVER in "Pure Direct" mode through the Mermans. No eq or room correction, electronic or physical, of any kind were used in this recording which was made with a Nikon D750 DSLR in the sweet spot.

Unfortunately, the video can't convey the soundstage and imaging, which is uncanny, of physically sitting there.

 
This sounds great.

Thanks to you, Todalinn for offering to host.

10/20 to 10/22 is booked for us, but any other weekend day would be good.
 
OK, nobody has complained about Saturday, 10/14, so let's plan for then. Let's say 11:00AM - 4:00PM. If anybody wants to bring anything, let me know, preferably ASAP so I will know if I need to clean out the garage. If someone wants to come by and try something out, I am semi-retired and work from home, so can probably accomodate you. Also, it would be nice to have a "co-pilot" for the event to help run things, especially if we split into the garage. My living room is shown in my Avatar.

My driveway will accomodate a dozen cars, but you could get blocked in. If your car doesn't leak, feel free to use it. Otherwise, park across street as they ticket cars parked on my side of the street because of sighting issues on the curve.

I would prefer not to put my address all over the Internet, so if you can attend, PM me for the address and phone #.

Thanks and looking forward to it.

Todd

That's an A/B/X speaker switcher connected to my Yamaha RX-Z9 in the picture.
80-dsc_0014_e62b680c4ed6dfc0b71d3347299222eedc6e7c01.jpg


80-dsc_0007_69409beeed87064ad242cebae7e2a858107c6978.jpg

Dedicated 20 amp circuit with hospital grade plugs and 8 gauge wire for equipment placed on the stand next to the entertainment center. Attachment for the OPPO95 SACD.
80-dsc_0005_6ab72795dea4ab8c01d615df31ea66a738902486.jpg
 
OK, nobody has complained about Saturday, 10/14, so let's plan for then. Let's say 11:00AM - 4:00PM. If anybody wants to bring anything, let me know, preferably ASAP so I will know if I need to clean out the garage. If someone wants to come by and try something out, I am semi-retired and work from home, so can probably accomodate you. Also, it would be nice to have a "co-pilot" for the event to help run things, especially if we split into the garage. My living room is shown in my Avatar.

My driveway will accomodate a dozen cars, but you could get blocked in. If your car doesn't leak, feel free to use it. Otherwise, park across street as they ticket cars parked on my side of the street because of sighting issues on the curve.

I would prefer not to put my address all over the Internet, so if you can attend, PM me for the address and phone #.

Thanks and looking forward to it.

Todd

That's an A/B/X speaker switcher connected to my Yamaha RX-Z9 in the picture.
80-dsc_0014_e62b680c4ed6dfc0b71d3347299222eedc6e7c01.jpg


80-dsc_0007_69409beeed87064ad242cebae7e2a858107c6978.jpg

Dedicated 20 amp circuit with hospital grade plugs and 8 gauge wire for equipment placed on the stand next to the entertainment center. Attachment for the OPPO95 SACD.
80-dsc_0005_6ab72795dea4ab8c01d615df31ea66a738902486.jpg
Ah crud... I was just given a task on the weekend of the 14th. I will not be able to make that weekend. Unless others are not wanting the 14th do not change it for me. shoot...
 
Back
Top Bottom